Vow Renewal Dress

(3 Posts)
smellylittleorange Wed 10-Aug-16 12:51:30

Having a small vow renewal ceremony next year - desperately trying to lose a bit of weight beforehand and planning what to wear/having a vision would help aid this.

It occured to me to wonder if there were any unwritten rules /ettiquette regarding vow renewal attire- do you have any opinions. DH suggested I wear my wedding dress whi I do not want to do and thought would look weird Dsis seemed to think it was not so weird... I was surprised ! If it was an actual marriage - a second marriage to someone different etc, I would wear a long bridal dress of course but it just doesn't seem right to pretend it is an actual wedding let alone recycle my dress

That said now i am wondering whether it would be appropriate to wear Ivory ! I was thinking something 50s style and Tea length It is a church service in west country photos on beach , campsite festival style party with max 30 people ... even when i am thin I am quite curvy not sure i could pull off a boho style look.

So guess the question is what do you think is a Nono for a vow renewal? - would you think I was weird for wearing a shorter Ivory dress?

botemp Wed 10-Aug-16 13:13:05

Isn't the whole point of vow renewals to reflect who you are as a couple now?

I'd definitely get something new and a short ivory dress sounds perfect for the occasion, the original wedding dress not so much imho.

smellylittleorange Wed 10-Aug-16 13:22:07

thanks botemp - so you wouldn't think it was weird if I was wearing Ivory? At then end of the day maybe I am worrying unnecessarily it is my nearest and dearest attending whom I would hope wouldn't judge me. Now am looking at brightly coloured petticoats under 50s Ivory dresses to reflect me/what I like more!

I've always wanted a 50s dress - I could get something I can wear again but then again I tell myself that everytime I buy myself an "occasion dress" and never wear it again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now