Please recommend me a powder blusher

(31 Posts)
WellTidy Tue 09-Aug-16 10:30:04

I am pale-ish skinned (wear BD40 colour foundation in YSL), mid brown hair and green eyes. 41 years old.

I usually have two blushers on the go, a pinky one and a beigey one. This is my beigey one Estee Lauder Lover's Blush.

I need a subtle pinky one (no shimmer) that suits my skintone. The one I have at the moment is running out, and the name of it has rubbed out (though it is an Estee Lauder one too). I am useless with cream blushers as I cannot apply them properly and there is more room for error with a powder!

I've tried Benefit tints and I don't get on with them. Also tried Bourjois little round pot ones and find them too shimmery.

Thanks.

PurpleDaisies Tue 09-Aug-16 10:33:17

I'm similar in colouring and I use dior's healthy glow blusher. It looks bright pink in the pan but it's subtle and natural when you use it. No shimmer at all.

WellTidy Tue 09-Aug-16 12:01:25

Thanks for the recommendation, I will take a look!

MotherofPearl Tue 09-Aug-16 12:11:35

I find Clinique blushers nice and subtle; I hate a brash pink. I've used the Bashful Blush (shade 120) for ages.

dogdaydisaster Tue 09-Aug-16 12:12:57

The Max FActor baked blushers -creme pufff? - are lovely. If you fancy a bit of a splurge, the Tarte Amazonian clay ones are also lovely.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 09-Aug-16 15:23:05

I second the Max Factor baked ones. Or Mac blush all day is a beautiful muted pink.

ZansForCans Tue 09-Aug-16 15:37:10

Benefit Dandelion is the best for me. Expensive, but lovely pretty box, comes with its own brush and lasts a long time. It is the perfect subtle, natural-loooking, matt pink that makes you look fresh and awake but not covered in blusher IYSWIM. I have pale skin, brown hair and grey eyes so similar colouring and I love it.

Buttwing Tue 09-Aug-16 15:37:59

Nars orgasm is lovely.

ZansForCans Tue 09-Aug-16 15:38:32

pic

justasecond Tue 09-Aug-16 23:52:10

Bobbi Brown powder blushes are really good, They last the day and there is no shimmer. I have similar colouring to you. Slopes is a good all year round shade. Desert pink looks better on me in the winter and Coral Sugar for summer.

Cakescakescakes Tue 09-Aug-16 23:57:06

Laura mercier Rose bloom. Perfect natural blush.

CancelTheCheque Wed 10-Aug-16 01:36:47

Gosh powder blush in rose whisper, works well on my pale skin. If you need a hint of peach in your pinks it's worth a try smile

macnab Wed 10-Aug-16 14:30:56

Is there no shimmer off the Nars orgasm? I always assumed there was.

indecisivedoctor Wed 10-Aug-16 14:33:05

I would second the nars orgasm. It has an absolutely minimal shimmer.

Get to a counter and try it. Looks fab on.

EatsShitAndLeaves Wed 10-Aug-16 16:31:29

Nars blush is lovely. I like orgasm and outlaw which both have a very subtle shimmer but they do others that like deep throat which is lovely that has a golden sheen rather than shimmer.

The dual blush adoration is also lovely (and on my wish list) and can be used wet or dry.

I found Orgasm far too shimmery.

Benefit Dandelion is lovely. Another vote for Max Factor. And for super-cheapo, the Boots Natural Collection ones are really quite decent.

crazymissdaisy Wed 10-Aug-16 16:43:16

I'm the same colouring and age as you (except darker hair) I like clinique too, black honey cheek stain or on of their stick blusher/highlighters. The cheek stain looks v v dark on your fingers, but a dot the size of a tic tac is enough and spreads to a natural looking flush. I love blusher and don't look healthy without it.

insertcleverusername Wed 10-Aug-16 16:47:10

I would highly recommend the hourglass ambient lighting blushers: dim infusion and ethereal glow are my recommendations.

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Thu 11-Aug-16 06:42:20

Another vote for Benefit blushers. Dandelion is lovely. I also have Hervana and that's beautiful but there is a very slight shimmer to it.

ArieltheMermaid1720 Thu 11-Aug-16 06:47:55

I love orgasm but it is shimmery. I got a lovely blusher recently from Kiko, the shade fusion trio. It's a natural peachy pink colour and has good pigment.

TheWombat Thu 11-Aug-16 08:50:19

Bobbi Brown pale pink Looks horrific in the pan, but comes out beautifully matte and subtle on my face. Apparently it's v popular with make up artists as a blusher for bridal makeup. I have very similar colouring to you OP: pale skin, dark hair, greeny hazel eyes.

Hannah Martin on YouTube has some good videos which show it 'in action'!

WellTidy Thu 11-Aug-16 09:48:44

So many recommendations on here, thanks very much for posting. I can see myself buying more than one replacement!

CoolToned Thu 11-Aug-16 10:01:23

One of the Clinique cheeky pops. They're good quality and cute too!

MilkyChops Thu 11-Aug-16 10:04:53

I tend to go for 'baked' blushers.

NiteFlights Thu 11-Aug-16 10:06:43

Boots Natural Collection Pink Cloud. I can't believe how much I like it, and it's £1.99. The Bourois cream to powder one is quite good and has no shimmer. I'd like to try the Dior as I love Nail Glow and fancy the powder, but I can't spend more than £1.99 now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now