Interview help

(21 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Tue 09-Aug-16 08:33:17

Ladies I need help, please!
I have a couple of interviews coming up. I haven't had an interview since having 2 DC. All my suits are too small and I'm only 30 but don't feel trendy in the slightest.
Budget isn't huge but I would really like to feel amazing in 2 new outfits. I could then wear them if I get the job.
I'm currently a 12 and 5'2 if that helps.
I have a black dress j could wear if I maybe get a little jacket to wear over but no idea for the other outfit.
Please help!

Diddlydokey Tue 09-Aug-16 08:34:59

Cigarette trousers, blouse/smart top and jacket? I tend to stick to work dresses a lot of the time as they don't need much thought.

Good luck with your interview

SweetPeaPods Tue 09-Aug-16 09:20:03

Thanks!
New trousers might be a good investment.
Not sure I have the budget for new trousers, shirt and jacket though

Pantsalive Tue 09-Aug-16 10:48:21

Do you need two outfits? Couldn't you wear the same to both?

What is the budget? Do you have anything other than the dress in your wardrobe that you could wear, ie a blouse if you bought new trousers; a little cardigan to go over your dress?

SweetPeaPods Tue 09-Aug-16 12:28:24

I would need a shirt as well. I do have black trousers that fit but they aren't very trendy (just basic black suit trousers).
There are 2 interviews with 1 of the companies so will definitely need 2 sadly

Pantsalive Tue 09-Aug-16 17:01:11

What sort of company is it, ie do you need to be trendy?
What is the budget?

SweetPeaPods Tue 09-Aug-16 21:04:07

£100 max if possible.
It's a professional medical sales role, so pretty smart, young and trendy but not out there.

Pantsalive Tue 09-Aug-16 22:45:47

Something like this cardigan from Zara would be good as you could wear it over your black dress for the interview (depending on the style of the dress) and then wear it with black trousers another time.

SweetPeaPods Wed 10-Aug-16 06:18:43

I like, thank you.
I've also ordered a little black blazer style jacket so will see what that looks like. Might look for a new shirt too

mrsnoon Wed 10-Aug-16 06:22:01

I've just got a suit from Next for £29 in the sale. Never normally shop there but also had an interview.

Persilwhite Wed 10-Aug-16 09:45:43

This top from H&M looks nice - quite fresh and might liven up your suit trousers.

It looks as if H&M might have a few possible things in this range, www2.hm.com/en_gb/ladies/shop-by-concept/modern-classic.html?product-type=ladies_modernclassic&sort=stock&offset=0&page-size=90

Also, I don't know if you have a Matalan near you, but I have just occasionally found good things there.

SweetPeaPods Wed 10-Aug-16 12:39:39

Perfect thanks will have a look

Canklesofglitter Wed 10-Aug-16 19:50:21

Sainsbury's are good for budget friendly work wear.

SweetPeaPods Thu 11-Aug-16 19:32:16

Argh balls I don't like any of what I ordered. I don't like anything at all. All I can see is my tummy

GaryGilmoresEyes Fri 12-Aug-16 12:00:11

I had the same dilemma on Thursday, no interview clothes. I'm also 5'2.
I bought a navy suit from Matalan. It fits perfectly and cost £18 for the jacket and £10 for the trousers. It's also really slimming.

SweetPeaPods Fri 12-Aug-16 19:55:26

Will have a look. Thank you.

ConkerTriumphant Fri 12-Aug-16 19:57:18

Next. You could get a jacket, trousers and skirt for £100 then mix and match with tops you already have.

Pisssssedofff Sat 13-Aug-16 09:31:35

I wouldn't worry about wearing the same out fit to the interview I really wouldn't. Make sure your brag file and presentation is so slick they won't care what you are wearing seriously. It's all about grooming too, nails and hair done

SweetPeaPods Sun 14-Aug-16 21:52:46

Thanks!
Brag file?

Pisssssedofff Sun 14-Aug-16 21:54:04

Brag file - all your calls, which key opinion leaders you can name drop into the conversation. All that sort of thing

Pisssssedofff Sun 14-Aug-16 21:55:05

Back in the olden days we used to call it a brag file, every time you came top in sales, call volume etc you saved it to your brag file to whip out at interviews

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now