Budget holiday hair products advice please

(13 Posts)
SealSong Mon 08-Aug-16 16:48:26

Sorry if this has been done to death. Need advice on a capsule collection of hair care products for my holiday. I have fine coloured wavy shoulder length hair prone to a bit of frizz, I leave it to dry naturally so don't need styling products.
Basically I need recommendations for:
- post swimming (sea and pool) shampoo that won't strip my hair
- a rich conditioner either leave in or wash out, preferably in a tube
- do I need a sun protector hair product? I have a sun hat that I'll be wearing much of the time.
Looking for good budget products, under a tenner preferably. Thanks

SealSong Mon 08-Aug-16 17:01:00

My friend just recommended Vitapointe leave in conditioner to me, I remember my Mum using this! It's super cheap also. Any opinions on this?

SealSong Mon 08-Aug-16 18:53:41

Anyone please?

lanbro Mon 08-Aug-16 18:57:37

I'd take some kind of oil, mine really dried out on holiday and I ended up doing a mayonnaise wash with pilfered sachets from the restaurant!

Howdidthathappen1 Mon 08-Aug-16 19:21:50

Coconut oil. Slather on in morn for that slicked back by the pool look. Shampoo (twice) out in eve for swishy shiney hair!!

ConkersDontScareSpiders Mon 08-Aug-16 19:23:39

Yea to coconut oil. But also tea tithe double shampoo.once won't do it-I've been to with today with hair like an oil slick as I didn't cotton on to this til too late.

SealSong Mon 08-Aug-16 21:08:41

Thanks. I've tried coconut oil before and even after copious washing it made my hair lank. Might take a little bit for the ends though.

Any other suggestions?

skblondie Wed 10-Aug-16 22:54:02

Just try any leave in spray conditioner from boots, it will help be a barrier for the sea and pool. Twist hair into a bun.

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Thu 11-Aug-16 06:28:47

I'd take a VO5 Hot Oil treatment to use at some point. It's only a wee tube. You heat it up before you shower then slather it on wet hair, leave for a minute, rinse and shampoo as normal.

They're only about a fiver for a pack of 4 and works miracles on straw like hair.

bingohandjob Thu 11-Aug-16 16:31:50

Usual shampoo/conditioner in travel sizes and pick up small bottle of Morrocanoil argan oil to suit your hair and run through after conditioning. About £11.

SealSong Thu 11-Aug-16 19:08:06

Ah fab, some more ideas, thanks smile

suchafuss Thu 11-Aug-16 20:37:15

Just come back from beach holiday and used Swell hair serum every evening. I have highlights and this kept my hair looking healthy.

SealSong Fri 12-Aug-16 19:17:55

Ah thanks, will look into that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now