Please help me accessorise this dress!

(6 Posts)
sorryformyself33 Mon 08-Aug-16 11:10:52

www.asos.com/ted-baker/ted-baker-allisia-skater-dress-in-citrus-bloom-print/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=7027888&clr=Black&SearchQuery=allisisa&SearchRedirect=true
I ordered this dress online and thankfully it fits like a glove! I'm wearing it to a wedding on Saturday.

I've got some black high heels (boring I know but don't want to splash out for new shoes) and a pink wrap that matches the colours on the flowers.

Do you think that will look ok? summer enough? Any ideas for jewellery or bag? Would a plain black clutch be too boring? The zip on the back of the dress is kind of bronze - do I need to match jewellery to that?

What should I do with my hair? Would a plain up-do with maybe some statement earrings look ok? or do I need some kind of fascinator (the wedding is super posh and I'm not!)

WottyMcWottFace Mon 08-Aug-16 12:34:59

Dress is lovely, I think black shoes and bag would be fine, add the wrap for a splash of colour and if you like fascinators either black or pink. I'm sure you will look lovely flowers

LuckySantangelo1 Mon 08-Aug-16 12:42:44

I would wear big earrings and a large bracelet or two. perhaps one on each arm. Fascinators, imo, are old fashioned. Either wear a hat or don't bother. Dress is lovely!

LisaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Aug-16 12:47:00

What a lovely dress, you are going to look stunning! I don't think it needs a lot of dressing up besides wrap as it's so striking. Have fun!

sorryformyself33 Mon 08-Aug-16 20:08:16

Thank you all! So glad you like it - I was worried the black wasn't wedding-y enough. I'm thinking a simple black clutch and some fairly big but quite plain earrings would work.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 08-Aug-16 21:21:37

Gorgeous dress. I've got something not too unlike that from Lindy Bop.
The dress doesn't need any jewellery aside from earrings, if your ears are pierced that is.
A nice pair of pink shoes and pink bag would be nice.
Pink or French manicure nails.
Or lemon nails might work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now