Skinny jeans question

(7 Posts)
plusthree Sat 06-Aug-16 09:39:34

For the first time ever I've found some jeans that fit. I'm an odd shape; 34" inside leg with a flat bum, rounded tummy and awful muffin top.

Anyway these jeans actually fit but they are a bit long. Do I turn them up, roll them up or embrace the wrinkles?

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-hof-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=232549799

whataboutbob Sat 06-Aug-16 10:17:25

I have an apple shape and wear high rise jeans too. I have had mine professionally put up, but you can also try turning them up inside. The only problem is when you take them off you loose the hem. But it's free!

burnishedsilver Sat 06-Aug-16 10:46:20

Buy a second pair straight away! You might not find the fit again next time you are looking.

I suggest having them taken up. The alterations guy I use can do it without losing the original hem. Wash them first in case they shrink a little.

cannaethink Sat 06-Aug-16 11:18:15

I turn/roll up all my jeans as I think they look better that way.
But either way, I'd agree you should buy another pair!

YouWereRight Sat 06-Aug-16 11:24:59

Does them being too long make the faded bits a bit in the wrong place? I bought one pair of jeans a bit too long, took them up, then realised the knee of the faded bit was mid calf on me.

plusthree Sat 06-Aug-16 11:55:03

Thanks so much. They're only about 1" too long but they definitely wrinkle a bit round my ankles.

I think they'd look fine turned up a bit, I think the dry cleaners do alterations so I'll take them along.

Gulping at the thought of buying a second pair, but I suspect you're all right.
Skinnies are around for a bit longer aren't they?

KittyKrap Sat 06-Aug-16 12:10:20

I wouldn't take them up!
I used to wear Cipos a lot and they were always massively long. A few weeks of washing and they were the perfect length.

But yeah, buy another pair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now