RUINED my Boden skirt :( Anyone got one for sale?

(19 Posts)
Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Fri 05-Aug-16 08:39:17

I bought the Boden ruched skirt in stripe and it's probably the best thing I've bought in yonks.

So what do I do? Splash tomato soup on it whilst making some for DS. Try and get rid of the stain by immediately rubbing it with stain remover - for whiter whites. What a fucking dick.

I now have a lovely bleach stain on the front.....

Anyone got it in a 12 long who doesn't want theirs?? I'm going to have to dye this one I think.

jelly10 Fri 05-Aug-16 16:25:55

Have a look at hush - I got mine from there and I love them (got 2!) They still have some left and some of them are in the sale grin

pinkieandperkie Fri 05-Aug-16 16:36:17

This happened to me recently with bleach. I dyed the skirt but the dye didn't take over the bleach stains so still wasn't a good look. I feel for you.

Gingefringe Fri 05-Aug-16 17:00:40

The Hush ones are are fab and reduced to £15. I missed out on the Boden skirt and have just ordered one from Hush - thanks Jelly.

Floisme Fri 05-Aug-16 17:04:45

I can't help with another skirt but Dylon do a dye remover that might do the trick. It makes the house smell like a chemical works but it strips out most of the existing colour so you can redye it.

worrierandwine Fri 05-Aug-16 17:08:37

I saw some ruched skirts on baukjen that looked nice and similar to the Boden ones. Don't think they have the stripy version though.

Kirriemuir Fri 05-Aug-16 18:01:06

Rushes off to hush

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Fri 05-Aug-16 18:10:29

Thanks everyone, I have a Hush one that I accidentally bought too, I got the blue/black combo but wish I'd gone for the blue and white. It's nice, but shorter than the Boden one and I much prefer my bleached one!

I'm so cross with myself.

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Fri 05-Aug-16 18:17:28

The Baukjen striped one is lovely, but also beyond my budget unfortunately.

I'm going to have to stalk eBay until the end of time.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 05-Aug-16 23:01:46

Could you re-dye it?

neveradullmoment99 Fri 05-Aug-16 23:02:32

Perhaps you could dye just the stain so it brings it up to the colour and then re-dye the whole lot?

neveradullmoment99 Fri 05-Aug-16 23:03:55

Or this:
fix for a bleach stain

WhatIfWhatIf Fri 05-Aug-16 23:45:57

For future reference, tomato stains (and most other fruit/veg based stains, e.g. blackberries, etc) are really easy to get out - just leave it in the sun for an hour or so and the sun bleaches it out. Discovered this by accident but use it all the time at the moment as in the process of weaning...

apatheticfallacy Fri 05-Aug-16 23:50:52

No help I'm afraid, but I've had a few wine and I misread the title as 'ruined BY boden skirt' clicked on the thread desperate to know what a boden skirt could do to leave you destitute..

StarTastic Sat 06-Aug-16 00:06:56

How big is the bleach stain, could you fix the stripe with a fabric pen of some sort, if it's rouched you may not notice

hollieberrie Sat 06-Aug-16 07:48:13

Ooh now I'm obsessed with Hush. Such nice things!! Thanks Jelly.

Brillenbar Sat 06-Aug-16 08:25:32

You could get the Boden Ruched dress which is still in stock and just pretend the top is like a built in vest and wear your normal tops over the top

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Sat 06-Aug-16 08:51:37

I'll go have a look Brillenbar.

I think the stain is too big to be fixed, plus it is white and navy which is affected so would be difficult to patch up.

Yes WhatifWhatif, it would have been so easy to fix, if I'd just put it straight in cold water. I'm such a twat.

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Sat 06-Aug-16 13:19:16

I've ordered the dress.

I blame you entirely Brillenbar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now