Would this be nice for a wedding in Italy?

(18 Posts)
Nospringflower Thu 04-Aug-16 20:13:25

Looking for a dress to wear to a wedding in early Italy. I am usually a size 8 and have skinny legs but no waist so need something that doesn't highlight my lack of waist (largest part of my body).

Does this look like it would be nice?http://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/powder-layered-block-dress/dresses/mint-v/fcp-product/7029

I did also like thishttps://www.reiss.com/p/printed-vneck-dress-womens-frida-in-royalblueneutral/?category_id=1121 but its more than I really wanted to spend and not sure how flattering it is on me although quite nice. Also not sure that its weddingy enough?

Thanks for any advice.

Pantsalive Thu 04-Aug-16 20:18:14

I like them both but I think the first might be too bridal pale and second doesn't look like it's worth that much money.

Have you tried Finery? They have dresses that I always think would suit someone more straight up and down than I am.

Nospringflower Thu 04-Aug-16 21:18:51

Thanks. Have just ordered this one as well!http://www.johnlewis.com/store/coast-embellished-palm-dress-pale-blue/p2717559?navAction=jump&_requestid=34075422 Think its a bit gold for me though!

Littleallovertheshop Thu 04-Aug-16 21:23:32

Hmmm I'm not sure about any of them. The reiss one is the nicest though it doesn't look the price.

Nospringflower Thu 04-Aug-16 21:25:41

Yeah, I don't think I'm sure about any of them either. Getting fed up looking though and winter stuff is coming into the shops which doesn't help!

Littleallovertheshop Thu 04-Aug-16 21:30:41

Sorry I'm so unhelpful. I've been having a browse. The Google says you want something to highlight your smallest point just under your bust. How on earth do you do that?!

Nospringflower Thu 04-Aug-16 21:37:39

It's ok. I'm not even sure that's true for me - think thats empire line but I never look great in that either! For someone who is skinny I don't find buying clothes very easy!

Littleallovertheshop Thu 04-Aug-16 21:42:37

Hmmm, online shopping is the worst.

burnishedsilver Thu 04-Aug-16 22:06:02

Isthis shape any good?

Nospringflower Thu 04-Aug-16 22:29:24

Yes burnished silver, that sort of shape suits me but not sure about the dress. Thanks - I did mean to look at monsoon.

polyhymnia Thu 04-Aug-16 22:32:10

Think you could do better than those three. First one definitely too bridal. Have you looked at L K Bennett at all?

Onenerfwarfrombreakdown Thu 04-Aug-16 22:45:23

First one is too bridal/bridesmaidy I think.
Second doesn't look worth the money, a bit too casual and maybe a little short skirt if it's a very traditional church? Some Italians do think it should be to the knee if you are in church (and covered shoulders Obv). Depends how it sits on you I guess.
I quite like the third goldy one it's fun and smart too.
I'm jealous of your figure and think you could probably find something more amazing than all of those so far tho!

Nospringflower Sat 06-Aug-16 10:13:24

Still searching! This?http://images.tedbakerimages.com/uk%2FWomens%2FClothing%2FDresses%2FNELIA-V-neck-shift-dress-Oxblood%2FWA6W_NELIA_41-OXBLOOD_1.jpg.jpg?o=BfWbI3U24z4Tbg$i8GRtRWUrGkgj&V=uQf0&w=660%26h=825%26q=85

Nospringflower Sat 06-Aug-16 10:15:52

Oops - this www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Dresses/NELIA-V-neck-shift-dress-Oxblood/p/128684-41-OXBLOOD

polyhymnia Sat 06-Aug-16 13:55:49

Very nice dress, but a bit work-y and colour rather autumnal.

FauxFox Sat 06-Aug-16 14:12:04

biba pink
Michael Kors blue print (with far nicer shoes than the model here obviously!)
Episode panels cream/coffee
Daisy Too bridal?
coral Eliza J
Karen Millen white and red
Monsoon teal
Armani jeans flower print
Damsel in a dress multi coloured print

Wolpertinger Sat 06-Aug-16 14:20:02

Is it in church in Italy? You will prob need covered shoulders. And how hot will it be - at risk of sounding like my mother, you will be wanting natural fibres.

At my UK wedding on the hottest day of the year everyone in polyester was wilting, including me.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 06-Aug-16 16:17:09

I think this shape dress would suit you as you sound a similar shape to me reiss

But I would also worry about how hot it will be and therefore would want cotton ideally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now