What will sort my cracked heels out?

(37 Posts)
DaftPunkIsPlayingAtMyHouse Thu 04-Aug-16 19:26:15

Really suffering. They're not very noticeable at all but fuck me they hurt confused

Googling of previous MN threads on this suggests Flexitol. Before I make a dash to Boots tomorrow, did this work for you or are there any other cures? I've been buffing away dead skin.

Thanks.

Lordamighty Thu 04-Aug-16 19:38:05

Flexitol is the answer.

SauvignonBlanche Thu 04-Aug-16 19:39:33

I'd second Flexitol.

onemouseplace Thu 04-Aug-16 19:46:12

Flexitol. Apply daily for at least 2 weeks and be amazed.

ijustwannadance Thu 04-Aug-16 19:46:20

Flexitol is great. Twice a day for a couple of weeks.
I also use the sandpapery side of a pedegg on damp skin about once a week. Works a treat.

FreeFromHarm Thu 04-Aug-16 19:46:45

I use veet, the one in a bottle with moisturizer it works a treat , seriously found out by accident to ! leave it on for about ten minutes, wash off, all the dead skin is white, scrape off with a buffer, it is amazing .

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 04-Aug-16 19:46:50

I use one of those razor blade corn/callous removers to get the worst of it off trying not to go to deep and hack off bits of live foot , then file and get DP to massage them for me 3-4 times a week! Before that they were so cracked they would bleed and it really hurt to walk.

Tried Footners, which worked a bit but would have been better if I'd done some of the major de-crusting first. Bought an extortionate battery powered foot file but the motor isn't powerful enough to have much effect.

No substitute for a bit of elbow grease and lots of cream.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Thu 04-Aug-16 19:51:19

Flexitol religiously twice daily and a chiropody sponge to smooth off the rough edges a couple of times a week till the hack goes. It really does work. I'm just about to invest in a big tub of the stuff online, as the little diddy wee tubes Boots sells are costing me a fortune.

lk26 Thu 04-Aug-16 19:58:35

I bought a stone thing ! From tropic skincare and it's amazing. Rub it on wet feet and works a treat. Also apply flexitol to and baby soft feet. And mine were so rough as I live in Birkenstocks all year virtually.

lk26 Thu 04-Aug-16 20:00:25

Just looked and it's called a polishing foot pebble. £14.
And I don't work for them it's just a great product.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 04-Aug-16 20:03:13

Slap on the Flexitol (I think they do an extra strength one which might be what you need) and a pair of socks before bed.
Couple of days and they'll be lovely.

I used some other foot cream for weeks with no improvement but Flexitol is ace.
Add a wee dob round the cuticles of your toenails while you're at it.

Ifionlyknewthenwhatiknownow3 Thu 04-Aug-16 20:41:51

I also think you need to get out of sandals for a couple of days as dry dust off the pavement etc doesn't help. Plenty of flexitol and socks during the day and you'll be grand in less than a week.

EveryoneElsesMumSaidYes Thu 04-Aug-16 20:46:36

Veet! 😲 tell me more. I did a knockoff Footner on Saturday and am now marvelling at my shedding feet!

Truckingalong Thu 04-Aug-16 20:48:23

I'm fascinated by the veet suggestion.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 04-Aug-16 20:55:56

Snowfire is great too

Wolpertinger Thu 04-Aug-16 20:59:39

Flexitol - has to be the heel balm as you need 25% urea, some of the Flexitol creams have less.

It will sting like crazy on the raw bits but work like a miracle if you apply it twice daily.

I'd had deep raw cracks for a year and they healed within a week and never came back - don't even need to apply any as maintenance.

Glitterspy Thu 04-Aug-16 21:03:16

CCS Swedish formula heel balm, all over every night, wear socks to help it soak in, reapply after morning shower. 7 days and you'll see a massive lasting improvement. Oh and regular proper pedicures from a professional chiropodist grin

FreeFromHarm Thu 04-Aug-16 21:14:39

Smother the veet all over your feet, not joking it's ace, lots of the heels of course, when you shower it off the dead skin is white.... then use your egg or scraper... leave a little longer than ten if it is really bad, and bob's your uncle....will warn you though it stinks !!
I have used everything over the years , but I find it doesn't come back so bad , hope it works for everyone else to

DaftPunkIsPlayingAtMyHouse Thu 04-Aug-16 21:26:42

Thank you all so much.

I think I'm going to start with the Flexitol and see how it goes.

shock at Veet! Does it really do the job?!

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Thu 04-Aug-16 21:31:49

CCS heel balm at night and put socks on.

Mammabear31 Thu 04-Aug-16 21:35:40

Footner!! I have suffered for YEARS with dry feet and cracked heels. An hour with this, a few days of peeling and less than 2 weeks later I have soft smooth feet for the first time!!

FreeFromHarm Thu 04-Aug-16 21:37:51

Does for me...and it's cheaper to, so funny spilt some in the shower and it was under my feet...totally by accident, weird huh, suffered for years with cracked heels, the deep ones, I do this every couple of weeks really works for me.

mrsclooneytoyou Thu 04-Aug-16 22:22:04

Newton sponge of Amazon and flexitol have totally transformed my feet

Truckingalong Thu 04-Aug-16 22:27:41

Which veet product?

Absolutelynothingelse Thu 04-Aug-16 22:28:51

CCS cream is great stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now