How can I make these shoes fit?

(7 Posts)
itstheyearzero Wed 03-Aug-16 11:52:43

I bought some shoes on eBay to go with a particular dress, they just arrived and they are absolutely perfect - perfect colour, heel height, style, but they are about half a size too big. I have put some insoles in them but they are still slipping off my feet when I walk. Is there anything I can do? I'm not sure if heel grips would work because I don't think my heel is even touching the back of the shoe when I walk. Any ideas anybody? I'll be gutted if I can't wear them!

KeyserSophie Wed 03-Aug-16 11:54:15

you can get padded heel grips which bridge the gap

itstheyearzero Wed 03-Aug-16 11:58:38

Oooh can you? Will investigate, thanks Keyser

SallyVating Wed 03-Aug-16 12:45:19

Yep padded heel grips.. I have the same issue with a lot of my shoes and they work a treat.

Poundland have packs of two pairs for a quid smile

HowToChooseAUserName Wed 03-Aug-16 13:15:56

Suede heel grips like these are good. Sorry can't remember brand name but they sell them in a lot of places that do shoe heel/sole repairs (And key cutting). Question to the universe: Why do shoe repairs and key cutting go together?

www.tallerheels.com/foot-care/heel-grips/

andintothefire Wed 03-Aug-16 16:22:03

Check out "shoe sizers" - they are padded inserts that go at the toe of your shoes. They obviously won't work for open toed shoes, but I find they work really well for shoes that are just slightly too big. They come in a pack with different thicknesses.

itstheyearzero Wed 03-Aug-16 17:22:45

Thanks everyone. andinto, I saw those shoe sizer things when I was having a browse earlier, the thing is the shoes are so pointy that even if they fit well my toes wouldn't go all the way to the ends of the shoes, so I'm not sure they would work. I could experiment with some sponge I guess, as a lot of the reviews said that they were just bits of sponge.

I'll try the heel grips from Poundland first I think last of the big spenders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now