Bras with clear straps

(13 Posts)
Dancergirl Wed 03-Aug-16 10:46:34

Where can I buy those bras with clear plastic straps? I can only find the straps available separately which you obviously need a bra they will fit.

SpaceDinosaur Wed 03-Aug-16 10:47:40

Most strapless bras have hooks in them you can put clear straps on.

But, honestly?
Clear straps usually look bloody awful ink

skippy67 Wed 03-Aug-16 10:49:46

M&S do them. But seriously, I don't understand why anyone wears these! Why not just buy a good strapless bra? The plastic straps look horrible, and are so noticeable. I just don't get it.

KatharinaRosalie Wed 03-Aug-16 10:56:53

Don't, they just look like you have sellotaped yourself for some reason. If you need the straps not to show, check out the Wonderbra Ultimate

Dancergirl Wed 03-Aug-16 11:00:12

Ok, any recommendations for a good (plain) strapless bra??

skippy67 Wed 03-Aug-16 11:06:02

Wonderbra Ultimate.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 03-Aug-16 12:09:41

Yes Wonderbra do the best strapless bras.

Bras with clear rubber straps would be one of the first things I'd chuck a Style Room 101.

LaConnerie Wed 03-Aug-16 12:14:43

I agree the plastic straps are horrible. I didn't get on with the wonderbra ultimate - I am quite big of boob and they made me look like Jordan. I bought a debenhams own brand one which was a bit more 'subtle'

Either that or if I'm wearing a top where my straps will show, I make sure they are pretty straps, either a bright colour or I have some 'decorative bra straps' I can attach to multiway bras. I think they were from ebay/Amazon and were really cheap...

DerelictMyBalls Wed 03-Aug-16 13:11:04

they just look like you have sellotaped yourself

This is exactly what they look like! Especially when the bra is getting a bit old- the plastic bits go all yellow.

I will never understand them.

Dancergirl Wed 03-Aug-16 13:15:24

Thanks all. connerie I am about an F cup, don't fancy the Jordan look! Which Debenhams bra did you get?

KatharinaRosalie Wed 03-Aug-16 14:16:19

I'm an F and the Wonderbra does not make me any bigger. I would go to shops where you can try on though, as it's very tight in the back and most people need to go up a size.

LaConnerie Wed 03-Aug-16 14:16:46

Well I have two from there - this one is my favourite, it says it's gel padded but is not overly so and I find it really comfortable, it just holds your boobs where they should be rather than the push up 'wonderbra' look which is just OTT on me.

Also this one, which isn't as padded but the boob bits come up quite high so if you're wearing a low cut top it can show sometimes. It's really comfy too though.

LaConnerie Wed 03-Aug-16 14:20:23

Doh I've posted the same one twice - the second one should be this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now