What to wear with this dress for a wedding?

(9 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Tue 02-Aug-16 21:49:13

Hopefully pic will attach. Got this from eBay for £10 recently, off to a semi smart wedding in a few weeks. Limited budget but really need something to go on top. Stumped as to colours or style, don't generally wear pale colours as I get them mucky! Any ideas wise people?? I'm wondering about a jersey blazer type thing? Pockets an advantage as have a few small children. Will be wearing dark brown leather heeled sandals with a bit of gold in.

2protecttheinnocent Tue 02-Aug-16 21:52:31

I think I would probably do a cropped blazer, given your criteria you could pick out one of the colours even the black if you wanted to but pair it with accesories in the same colour e.g. shoes, bag etc.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Tue 02-Aug-16 21:54:53

Cropped to where? Like shrug length? I never go shopping so haven't seen one before...

2protecttheinnocent Tue 02-Aug-16 21:57:30

Hang on I'll see if i can find a link. Brb

2protecttheinnocent Tue 02-Aug-16 22:03:27

Kind of like this

salsamad Tue 02-Aug-16 22:03:42

I would pick out the Orange colour from the dress and wear a plain orange cardigan (as the dress is patterned).
Orange has been a popular shade this spring/summer and as it's a late summer wedding you are going to, you won't want anything too warm to wear. Also the orange colour will match in well with your brown leather sandals.
Oasis have a lovely little orange cardigan on their website for £15 in the sale - was £25.

2protecttheinnocent Tue 02-Aug-16 22:04:41

waterfull front one

beansbananas Tue 02-Aug-16 22:10:46

I'd go for a cardigan and statement jewellery. If you like hats then that could really add some impact to the whole look. I don't personally thinks blazer will work as well

twolittleboysonetiredmum Wed 03-Aug-16 09:13:39

Great thanks, I like the idea of the orange cardy, I'm not quite smart enough to pull off a hat! That oasis one looks brill colour wise thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now