Summer Office Wear

(13 Posts)
CoolToned Tue 02-Aug-16 20:43:19

What do you wear in the office in the heat of summer?

(I'm in Australia, so summer is more intense than in the UK, but asking to have ideas)

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 02-Aug-16 20:49:27

Dark linen trousers, light colour linen/cotton top - don't care if I look crumpled, anything else is too hot/revealing for me smile

PNGirl Tue 02-Aug-16 23:24:37

Loose patterned wide leg trousers and a plain vest/tank or t shirt. Casual dress code though...

60sname Tue 02-Aug-16 23:30:09

Pretty much the same as in winter. Bloody aircon

teaandcake789 Wed 03-Aug-16 08:13:06

Layers as its either boiling (no aircon) or freezing (aircon on high) and can change between the two a few times in each shift

29redshoes Wed 03-Aug-16 10:31:05

Not currently working in an office, but when I did I wore short sleeved dresses in summer.

Pisssssedofff Wed 03-Aug-16 10:46:53

I lived in Perth and wore loose linen dresses and frankly flip flops most of the time. I had a silk linen jacket on my chair which rarely was worn. I was very groomed in that hair, make up, nails feet and hands were always immaculate but people understand, it's hot !

CurlsLDN Wed 03-Aug-16 10:49:19

I love to wear a cotton shirt dress with bare legs and heels

hollieberrie Wed 03-Aug-16 11:27:44

No aircon where I work. I wear short sleeved dresses (just above knee) & flats or smart sandals. Weekends I wear the same but with converse / flipflops. I heart summer wardrobes smile

ravenia Wed 03-Aug-16 12:37:30

Light short sleeved dresses with ballerina flats. I keep a cardigan flung over my chair just in case it gets cold, but have never needed it.

daftbesom Wed 03-Aug-16 12:49:23

Cotton dresses. Cardi on chair. Raincoat in bag.

CalmDownBeyonce Wed 03-Aug-16 15:53:04

I tend to wear the same things year round, just with tights, thick cardigans and scarves in autumn/winter, bare legs and summery shoes in spring/summer! I have quite a bright wardrobe though so it works, e.g. today I'm wearing a stretchy floral (pink, red and blue) knee length dress with a pink 3/4 sleeve cardi (bloody air con!) and blue wedges. I don't buy into the idea that office wear should be dark and plain, especially during summer, as long as the fabric/style is suitable for the office then who cares if it's bright orange?!

Nettletheelf Wed 03-Aug-16 20:09:59

High heeled sandals with either:

Longish wrap or flared skirt/sleeveless or short sleeved top

Cropped trousers and sleeveless top

Sleeveless shift dress

Knee length skirt and cotton shirt

I work in a smart profession.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now