Are you bikini ready?

(23 Posts)
FashionablyLate Tue 02-Aug-16 00:41:29

Like the advert where she's ready to jump in the pool any minute?
I feel like I must be the only one who struggles with a super hairy bikini area that appears stubbly after 12 hours and bumpy after 24... Then another week before its long enough to shave again! I've got an Epilator but I'm to scared to use it in that region. confusedHow do you ladies stay 'bikini ready' in the summer months, or does no one else care and should I just forget it and wear boy shorts?

JaneJeffer Tue 02-Aug-16 00:49:32

Yes, here I am, ready for the pool.

HedgehogHedgehog Tue 02-Aug-16 00:52:41

haha im the same im super hairy down there. I cant wax because of my skin so i just trim but its not neat it spills out down the side of my legs a bit. I usually wear shorts but sometimes ill take the hit and wax the bikini line so i can wear a nice bikini..... i can only do that once though and then have to just not go swimming for a week or so whilst my skin settles down :-( Wish i had the confidence just to wear my damn bikini with the spiders legs haha... im sure they arent that notcieable after theyve been trimmed.... its just Im conditioned to feel manky if i can see even the slightest bit of hair. x

SpeckleDust Tue 02-Aug-16 00:52:48

Beach body - meh.

georgetteheyersbonnet Tue 02-Aug-16 00:56:49

I just put a bikini on. I don't do anything to my public hair. The bikini covers it up.... and if it doesn't then whoever is looking can get stuffed grin

DianaT1969 Tue 02-Aug-16 07:14:54

I bought the philips lumea, but it's too early to say how good the results are. I am the right skin type though - dark hair, fair skin.

tellyjots Tue 02-Aug-16 07:19:59

Just wear shorts?or a swim skirt. Or if you're really uncomfortable what about a wax with hot wax? It doesn't hurt as much.

carrie74 Tue 02-Aug-16 10:31:32

I have the Boots version of the Lumea, and that does a good enough job (have had it a couple of years, so hardly anything grows now).

29redshoes Tue 02-Aug-16 11:05:46

Couldn't you get one of those bikinis which has shorts as the bottom half?

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 02-Aug-16 12:56:40

I shave every other day on holiday so I don't get a rash.
I've come to the conclusion that no one is blatantly staring at my hairy areas and the time I spend lying by the pool or swimming I just think no one is really staring that hard.
The older I get the hairier I get so I have to shave a larger area these days which is a pain.
Waxing made me hairier so I just shave these days.
I just think if I see someone with a bit of faint stubble it doesn't really bother me that much obvs if they have long hair poking out and growing half way done their legs then that would make me think urgh but it's not something I've seen tbh.

Mrstumbletap Tue 02-Aug-16 22:26:42

Laser treatment, hair in that region is so dark a few zaps and it's gone forever!

SpringSpringSpring Tue 02-Aug-16 22:45:18

I don't care, who the hell is staring there anyway?

sonlypuppyfat Tue 02-Aug-16 22:49:25

I think it's a bit odd to mess about with the hair down there!

Liiinoo Tue 02-Aug-16 23:11:21

I go to a resort full of older people plus it is really, really bright. I hope,that the combination of myopia, catararacts and sun glare means no-one can focus on my many slight imperfections.

FastWindow Tue 02-Aug-16 23:13:24

Only if it's 1989 today.

ProjectGainsborough Tue 02-Aug-16 23:28:18

There was some sort of Reddit article which explained how you can shave your growler every day. Can't find it now but it went something like: use men's razor and then use unscented deodorant to close the pores when you get out of shower. It does work - I don't get a rash when I do that.

bobbinpop Tue 02-Aug-16 23:31:45

At 34 weeks pregnant, I have no idea. Putting a razor anywhere I can't see seems a bit unwise smile

DerelictMyBalls Wed 03-Aug-16 10:02:29

I plan on having a trim before I go to the beach. At the moment it's Old Holborn down there.

Statelychangers Wed 03-Aug-16 11:48:23

I wear swim shorts with a bikini

Thefitfatty Wed 03-Aug-16 11:50:51

I use a hair removal cream, then tidy up with a razor when needed. Granted, being in a hot climate I need to be bikini ready all the time.

DevonLulu Wed 03-Aug-16 12:30:56

Hot wax is so much better than strip wax, exfoliate before hand and then use no products for 24 hours (if you can hold out that long). Go to a GOOD waxer, most are mediocre and the result is bad. That may be the reason that you struggle. It's worth paying for someone who knows what they are doing if you're going to do anything.

BobbinThreadbare123 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:35:16

I wear a one piece with legs (nearly to my knees). It's a nice Speedo, in black, with considerable chest upholstery. I am 32.

Flutterbye Thu 04-Aug-16 10:30:32

I'm very hairy. Before my honeymoon (yrs ago) I let it all grow and got them to wax legs and bikini area, it was mortifying as i was sooo hairy. Now I keep on top of it all myself with a epilator and Veet wax strips. I've bought a battery mini epilator to take on hoilday and some razors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now