Brow wax virgin

(6 Posts)
ilovecherries Sun 31-Jul-16 20:48:13

Ok, tomorrow I have an appt at the Benefit brow bar. I've never had anything waxed in my life, and I've never even tweezed my eyebrows. They are quite short after a long period with undiagnosed thyroid disease, and although that's now well controlled with thyroxine, the brows never grew back at the ends. However the bits I do have are quite thick. What do I ask for to get a nice, natural arch? I'm a bit nervous I'll burst into tears after the first rip and refuse to allow her to do any more!

LordEmsworth Sun 31-Jul-16 21:28:33

Just ask for a nice, natural arch...

I haven't been to a Benefit brow bar but have been getting brows done for over a decade, and have always been happy. Every therapist has always asked what I want and has given me a very natural but very polished shape, which is exactly what I wanted.

Waxing I find not very painful at all, and it's quite quick. The plucking afterwards makes me want to cry though...

I am having mine done this week and cannot wait, I always feel better with nice tidy brows!

ilovecherries Sun 31-Jul-16 22:01:58

Ah, thanks, I thought maybe there was some sort of secret language or special name for different finishes - like having your nethers done, which seems to have a complex code. It's only a few hairs, right. Can't be that bad...

Littleallovertheshop Sun 31-Jul-16 22:03:28

Are you on medication still? They refused to do mind previously when I was on long term antibiotics

ilovecherries Sun 31-Jul-16 22:08:38

Oh, yes, it's for life. Thyroid was surgically removed In the end.

Littleallovertheshop Sun 31-Jul-16 22:30:33

You'll need to sign a disclaimer anyway but they might refuse based on medication. In saying that I'm beyond medicated now but nothing which causes issues so they don't mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now