Underwear help please!

(5 Posts)
Missanneshirley Sun 31-Jul-16 13:42:31

I need an overhaul! Living in underwear that definitely pre dates both children. I used to always go to m&s but I can't really afford that any more. I'm wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere non bank breaking for decent basics? I like short type undies with no vpl, smooth t-shirt bras etc - basically stuff that helps clothes look better! Thank you!

helenatroy Sun 31-Jul-16 14:04:52

Firstly get yourself measured for a bra. M and s are good you can always buy sale things. Never buy bras without trying on even when you know your size. I am a ee cup and some of my best bras are Primark. Pick up a big pile in your size also a size up and a size down. Settle yourself in for an hour and try them all on. Primark also have good support pants and support slips for under dresses. Some of the bras there are lovely and I always buy 2 pairs of the matching pants. Someone told me recently that Primark and Victoria secrets underwear are make in the same factories.

Missanneshirley Sun 31-Jul-16 16:33:44

Thank you!primark sounds a good bet then. I wondered about sainsburys too as their clothes normally seem OK.
Yes I thought I might just measure myself tbh then go and try a few - I've heard m&s measuring is rubbish

YabuDabbaDoo Sun 31-Jul-16 16:52:15

I am an e cup and Matalan bras are my favourites. I have found them to be a good, supportive fit and last well if you take care of them (eg no tumble drying.)

YabuDabbaDoo Sun 31-Jul-16 16:53:35

My breasts fluctuate so much depending on my cycle, water retention, whether I've had a big feast the night before etc etc that sizing is a bit academic anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now