Clothing addiction

(43 Posts)
n0ne Sat 30-Jul-16 18:00:24

I have 6 pairs of grey work trousers. 6. I just can't walk past a nice pair of grey trousers without buying them, it appears.

In my younger, more Gothy years it was black basques. I must have had 10 different ones.

What's your clothing addiction?

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sat 30-Jul-16 18:02:42

Evidently it's black cardigans.

I have 12 and didn't even realise until out with my teenager shopping the other day and a black cardigan caught my eye. He laughed his head off and much piss taking ensued (I still bought it though).

HappyMedium Sat 30-Jul-16 18:22:25

I have 6 navy jumpers.

maggiethemagpie Sat 30-Jul-16 18:26:12

I have a number of cashmere cardigans all the same size and style but different colours. Luckily all bought reduced/second hand. I also have a number of mantarary tunic dresses, which I wear with leggings. Luckily I work from home so don't need an office wardrobe, means I only have to think about my casual wardrobe.

frikadela01 Sat 30-Jul-16 18:40:31

If I find an item of clothing I like I tend to buy multiples of it, especially if it comes in different colours. Asda used to do some skinny chino type trousers and I must have about 10 pairs all in different colours.

Also black leggings, I have a drawer that dedicated to only them.

RJnomore1 Sat 30-Jul-16 18:41:24

Patterned trousers. I LOVE them.

Nettletheelf Sat 30-Jul-16 18:42:57

Sleeveless black tops.

And navy jumpers. I'm with Happymedium there. They go with everything. Lovely lovely navy jumpers.

hormental Sat 30-Jul-16 18:43:29

Jeggings!!

crayfish Sat 30-Jul-16 18:44:24

Shift dresses. I wear them for work (easier than tops and trousers most days) and have about 15!

TheOnlyPink Sat 30-Jul-16 18:47:20

Skater dresses. I actually feel really pretty and like I'm well dressed in them, they're very flattering for my shape. I'm terrified they'll go out of fashion. I have 8.

MadisonMontgomery Sat 30-Jul-16 18:55:44

Jumpers. I have absolutely millions.

BlueEyedWonder Sat 30-Jul-16 22:29:52

Blue and white stripe tops. I have bretons, t-shirts, shirts, blouses, bardot style tops, bandeau tops. But all striped!!

JaceLancs Sat 30-Jul-16 22:36:39

Cashmere jumpers and cardigans
Huge scarves from Warehouse

ElaeudanlaTeiteia Sun 31-Jul-16 14:57:31

If I find an item of clothing I like I tend to buy multiples of it

Me too. If I put something on and like it, my first impulse is to go and buy it again, ideally in a different colour, but sometimes just an identical item "in case something happens to the first one" blush. Stupid really, but it was validated a few years ago when I wore a beautiful cashmere cardigan for the first time and snagged a whopping great hole in it. Devastating, but I had a back-up, albeit in a different colour grin

The things I mainly struggle to stop buying are knitwear items. I think it's a sensory thing. I am very much a cold-weather, snuggle up indoors sort of person, all about comfort and the feeling of being wrapped up. So I have tons and tons of pure wool and cashmere jumpers and cardigans. the bigger and chunkier-knit the better. My dream item (which I cannot afford, not even close) would be one of the 6-ply chunky knit cashmere Aran-type cardigans that Brora do sometimes for £600-odd. Even if I could afford one I don't think I'd buy it though as I'd be too scared of damaging or losing it.

ZaraW Sun 31-Jul-16 18:49:52

Stripey Tees and yoga pants are my weakness

bigkidsdidit Sun 31-Jul-16 18:52:30

I have millions of grey cardigans but not one is perfect.

Doobigetta Sun 31-Jul-16 19:01:08

I have four blue and white striped tshirts, and four pale pink ones.

Buttwing Sun 31-Jul-16 19:54:59

Black tshirts-slouchy ones, v neck ones, linen ones , round neck ones...... You get the picture!

ZaZathecat Sun 31-Jul-16 20:00:14

Jeans and more jeans.

Motherwithflaws Sun 31-Jul-16 20:06:29

Jeans. And after doing the ironing this week, at least 20 t-shirts.

winchesterfan Sun 31-Jul-16 20:09:32

Navy jumpers and jeans!

ShesAStar Sun 31-Jul-16 20:10:19

Every style and shape of jean known to man, also silk skirts and dresses.

Catgirl83 Sun 31-Jul-16 20:28:32

Chunky cardigans. I have far too many and have now begun a one in, one out policy to placate my husband who thinks it's hilarious how many I have. I am still searching for 'the one' though.

Also, I have been known to (regularly) scour eBay to replace a much-loved item of clothing that has been worn to death.

lisam78 Sun 31-Jul-16 22:49:44

Scarves
Grey jumpers
Stripey tops
Handbags......I wish I had just 1 clothing addiction!

teaandcake789 Mon 01-Aug-16 10:15:44

Bretons and black cardigans

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now