Beauty experts come hither!

(7 Posts)
Stevie77 Fri 29-Jul-16 20:11:07

Need help!

Been getting increasingly more and more blackheads on my chin. They are set quite deep in the skin, some are bumps. They turn into spots and the spots leave marks. I remember threads about all sorts of products that are great for keeping pores clean, therefore stop the formation of the damned blackheads, but for the life of me I can't find any. Do I need to acid tone? If so, which? I find it all very confusing.

I also want something to fade the sun damage on my visage. Boy, do I sound charming confused. Been using Eucerin Even Brighter night cream for the past few months but it does not seem to do anything much. Is vitamin C serum good for that? Can anyone recommend a good, specific product?

Otherwise my skin is in good condition. Normal/dehydrated, no acne, double cleanse, use spf, no particular problems, no lines despite being nearly 40. Just these two pesky issues!

YesOfCourseAlways Fri 29-Jul-16 22:58:47

I use pixi glow tonic to keep acne at bay, also nip and fab no needle serum is good on my spot prone chin

I had bad sun spots on my hands a few years ago after spending time in Oz, La Roche Posay Active C cream got rid of them

Nabootique Fri 29-Jul-16 22:59:30

Yes to acid toning. Salicylic is best for blackheads and clogged pores. Paula's Choice do some good ones and they now stock them on Look Fantastic. Previously you had to order from the US.

Vitamin c will help with pigmentation. I use the Zelens drops but they are £££. There's a popular one that gets recommended on the Korean beauty threads which is affordable. I can't think of the name, sorry! Something like the Zelens or Dennis Gross are more stable though, as in they don't go off quickly.

Stevie77 Sat 30-Jul-16 10:23:18

Thanks both, that's really helpful.

I can't see any LRP Active C on the Boots website, YesOfCourse but will have a wider look online. I wonder if they do it in the UK?

cheeseandmarmite15 Sat 30-Jul-16 11:35:27

Panoxyl and moisturise afterwards.

Stevie77 Mon 01-Aug-16 10:38:25

Seems a bit extreme to use when I'm having the odd spot?

Stevie77 Wed 10-Aug-16 11:07:37

Thank you for the salicylic acid recommendation. Thought I'd give it a try so bought the Clearasil pads at the weekend and can see an improvement already! Will graduate to a more sophisticated version when they run out.

Off to investigate Vit C...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now