Slim fitting toddler trousers

(15 Posts)
blamethecat Fri 29-Jul-16 09:20:00

DS has just turned 3, all his 2-3 clothes are too short but still pulled in a fair bit on the waist, I have tried age 4 (john Lewis) and the length is ok (turned up a bit) but the waist is huge. Where can I get decent quality jeans/trousers that are slim round the waist and ideally have popper opening not buttons that don't cost the earth as they will be trashed at nursery.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 29-Jul-16 09:23:27

Primark do a range of trousers and shorts with 'functional drawstring' waists - ie the drawstring actually tightens the waistband rather than just decorative.

MrsWooster Fri 29-Jul-16 09:26:27

H&m usually come up long and thin.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 29-Jul-16 09:39:17

Vertbaudet - their trousers are generally slimmer fit, but they also do a special slim range, that's really narrow.

HopefulHamster Fri 29-Jul-16 09:42:44

Polarn o Pyret and me&i do slim fitting trousers which usually have waist adjusters built in.

2nds Fri 29-Jul-16 09:43:29

Thenewaveragebear H+m also do drawstring waists and their jogging bottoms have really lasted very well for our DD. We bought her boys jogging bottoms because she needed navy ones for school.

RememberToSmile1980 Fri 29-Jul-16 09:43:50

Zara is good for slimmer children. Take a look there.

2nds Fri 29-Jul-16 09:45:45

On second thoughts jogging bottoms isn't what op is after, sorry op.

MrsMulder Fri 29-Jul-16 09:49:02

I was also going to say h&m, their boys trousers are slim fit

orangebird69 Fri 29-Jul-16 09:53:08

H&M are good. And try french -Verbaudet, La Redoute etc. My ds is 9mo and a string bean. No Buddha belly etc. He's super long though (of the centiles) so I have to size up for length which means massive waists. I hate jogging bottoms etc but h&m leggings are lovely and fit him ok.

Cakescakescakes Fri 29-Jul-16 09:54:30

Next do a type called 5 pocket trousers/chinos. They're great for my super skinny 5 year old. Adjustable waist and popper at front.

ThanksForAllTheFish Fri 29-Jul-16 10:01:05

The GAP toddler range is fantastic for slim kids. Size 4T is has the length of 3-4 but the waist of 2-3 years, maybe a bit smaller. It was the only place I found clothes to fit DD properly when she was small.

blamethecat Fri 29-Jul-16 10:42:23

Fab thanks ! I will look in H&M at the weekend, he has some jogger type from GAP but again the age 3 are too short so will try the 4, looked at vertbaduet as he has some from there before but I kept getting stuck on the payment page so gave up.

Rinceoir Fri 29-Jul-16 15:50:07

John Lewis kids clothes have massive waists. I have a slim 2 year old and find Zara, Gap, Mango (just discovered they have a toddler range!), Vertbaudet and petite bateau all suit well.

Going to try some of these other brands mentioned here too.

2nds Fri 29-Jul-16 16:17:43

Maybe try Debenhams as well OP,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now