what colour do you wear on your toe/fingernails on your holidays?

(27 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 28-Jul-16 21:23:19

I usually go for pink or coral, considering a change to a ballerina pink shade, what do you like to wear best/your most versatile holiday shade?

carrie74 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:11:50

I like a hot pink or a rouge noir on my toes. Possibly navy.

On fingers I either go for a bright pink, or an opaque pale pink (Cake Pop by Shellac), I've had white before which I quite liked. Also had another Shellac colour, a bit paler than Cake Pop, more natural, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Corals and mauves/purples don't work with my colouring really.

carrie74 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:13:34

It was Winter Glow!

LBOCS2 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:13:51

Coral. In fact, I've just done my holiday nails in my favourite shade!

QueenPolka Thu 28-Jul-16 22:13:55

Red and red grin

Dontyouopenthattrapdoor Thu 28-Jul-16 22:14:14

Gold smile

keeponkeepinon Thu 28-Jul-16 23:53:33

Do you match toes and fingers?

keeponkeepinon Thu 28-Jul-16 23:57:27

I've got nude pink with a tiny but of gold in my sandals. I plan on wearing thee most of the time. Would pale pink be too pale? Should I use my usual coral or pink that really pops?

LBOCS2 Thu 28-Jul-16 23:58:31

I have done because it was the only varnish within reach. I don't usually though, or at least, I don't think it's necessary. I'll go through 3/4 finger nail colours before my toes need re-doing.

JaceLancs Fri 29-Jul-16 01:10:29

Currently have bright cerise pink on toes and purple fingernails

burnishedsilver Fri 29-Jul-16 02:31:41

I match, or don't match, depending on my mood. I'm matching at the moment. Rimmel red ginger - it's not quite red, not quite pink, not quite coral - seems to go with everything.

LadyB49 Fri 29-Jul-16 02:38:17

Cranberry on fingers and toes. Goes with everything.

keeponkeepinon Fri 29-Jul-16 06:34:48

Red ginger was the last varnish I bought burnished. Fabulous colour, I fancy a change but that is such a versatile pinky red coral.
I might even leave my fingernails to soak up the sunshine and have a break then I don't even have to bother about chipping. Lasts ages on my toes.

jackstini Fri 29-Jul-16 08:30:23

Something holographic on toes as looks amazing in the sun - currently Sensationail Tangerine Glitter
Nudes on fingernails

Don't forget to check your insect repellent and sun cream for DEET.
It fades nail polish something terrible so avoid!

EmmaWoodlouse Fri 29-Jul-16 09:41:36

I wore a coral colour on my recent short break (toenails only - I don't usually do fingers) - well, at least it looked like a coral in the bottle but I think it was very close to a bright red. I wanted it it slightly lighter and pinker. Anyway I started to find the colour really annoying after a couple of days - it really stood out, as I wasn't wearing particularly brightly coloured clothes - and one of the first things I did when I got home was change it to a sort of light, metallic silvery pink. I wish I'd gone for that colour all along now...

il0vew1ne Fri 29-Jul-16 09:44:04

red

soyvanillalatte Fri 29-Jul-16 09:45:48

I only ever wear a French polish (or hombre French)

vitaminC Fri 29-Jul-16 13:46:33

I often match my toenails to my sandals, if I have coloured sandals (this year I have 3 pairs - coral, black and tan, so nails are coral).

Fingers I rarely varnish as banned at work. On holidays just a barely-there clear or nude colour, or French if I have time/budget to get them done by a pro.

Pantsalive Fri 29-Jul-16 14:17:49

Toes nails are usually blue or green in the summer or occasionally bright pink. Fingernails vary or just buffed.

CharleyDavidson Fri 29-Jul-16 14:21:45

Bronze on my toes. Clear on my fingers.

FashionLover1 Fri 29-Jul-16 15:42:31

Used to do red or burgundy, but for the last couple years prefer pastel tones

GetAHaircutCarl Fri 29-Jul-16 15:47:26

I'm back now but I had nude on my fingers and purple on my toes.

Today I had red put on both.

Bobochic Fri 29-Jul-16 16:05:45

This is currently a major topic in our household. DD (11) is ridiculously excited that I have promised to take her with me next week for a pre-holiday manicure and pedicure. The colour decision is very hard to make and requires a lot of research and planning hmm.

I shall go for red/red. Goes with everything.

SuperFlyHigh Fri 29-Jul-16 16:29:43

I once had a glittery/sparkly rose pink (Tourmaline) and another year a Nails Inc shade called Ibiza Orange.

Friends go for bright pink shellac.

I also like mauve or blue (mid or baby blue).

FrustratedFrugal Fri 29-Jul-16 16:30:04

I always wear a denim blue Revlon shade - it lasts at least three weeks without chipping. And it matches my favorite pair of Havaianas wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now