From Lily Lolo china doll foundation to what?

(12 Posts)
SpaceKablooie Thu 28-Jul-16 18:58:46

I currently use Lily Lolo china doll foundation, but I think I'd like to start using something else. I have no idea what though!

China doll is very light as I'm very pale.
I like mineral makeup, although I'd consider non-mineral.
I think I'm over powder, and that I'd prefer liquid.
I quite like natural products.
I like minimal non-sparkly makeup generally.

I don't know what to do! Should I just buy a random foundation liquid to try? Or should I choose a brand and get a makeover in a department store?

SpaceKablooie Thu 28-Jul-16 19:25:54

Hopeful bump

gonegrey56 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:29:52

I would book a makeup session at a Bobbi Brown counter in a department store if you can. Cost is redeemable against products bought . They are likely to have pale shades (I have a couple from them as I too am very pale). You can chat about best textures and types of foundations for you as they have a wide choice . Good starting point perhaps?

SpaceKablooie Thu 28-Jul-16 19:32:24

gone, I think I might do that. Oddly, I quite like BB even though I've never tried it - I just remember that a colleague who never wore makeup had a minimal BB makeover once which she really liked. Do I need to book then? #baffled

gonegrey56 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:45:38

You will get proper attention without waiting around if you book . I would . I have been really pleased with the service, first asking for a natural overall look (and got great foundation recommendation ), and I later had a "smokey eye" lesson (a bit daring for me ! )

SpaceKablooie Thu 28-Jul-16 19:47:08

Okay, great. I'm going to do it! Thank you smile.

SpaceKablooie Thu 28-Jul-16 20:18:34

Oh no, I think you can only get BB makeup sessions in London sad.

gonegrey56 Thu 28-Jul-16 20:22:34

I am in Bucks and you can get them at John Lewis branches here.

Fannyfannakerpants Thu 28-Jul-16 20:45:36

Have you tried bare minerals? I found it a lot less chalky than lilylolo. I also tried double wear light and was pleased. I don't usually like liquid foundation but it really was light.

Daydream007 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:17:38

I've moved from Bare Minerals to Laura Mercier without any regrets. Extremely natural with a good choice of lighter shades.

Cakescakescakes Thu 28-Jul-16 22:18:46

You can get the Bobbi Brown lessons at any Bobbi Brown counter. Just call in and ask.

SpaceKablooie Thu 28-Jul-16 22:25:56

Oh, thanks everyone! I'll look into all of the suggestions smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now