Decent budget foundation

(16 Posts)
OutwardBound2016 Thu 28-Jul-16 14:48:23

I usually use a Sephora foundation but am a) skint b) don't know anyone who is going to the US any time soon. I'm after something medium coverage and ideally under £20. I have heard good things about Bourjouis healthy glow and Loreal lumi magique, does anyone have any experience of these (or something else that might fit the bill)?

Nabootique Thu 28-Jul-16 14:55:55

I think it depends on your skin type. I'm quite oily in my t-zone and normal elsewhere and any of the Bourjois Healthy ones leave me so shiny I'm almost glossy, but I do love their 123 foundation, which I would say is medium coverage. The Healthy ones are more sheer, I would say.

I've not used the L'Oreal one you mention, but True Match is pretty good for medium coverage, and would probably suit most skin types.

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Thu 28-Jul-16 14:58:25

I would only recommend Bourjois if you are yellow toned. Their 123 BB cream is fantastic.

L'oreal is my favourite budget foundation brand..
True Match for a natural finish, the Infallible range for fuller coverage.

Also good are Maybelline Dream Satin and quite a few Max Factor foundations too.

Pisssssedofff Thu 28-Jul-16 15:11:46

Boots number 7, I wouldn't buy anything else now

CommanderShepard Fri 29-Jul-16 01:22:40

Same here on No7. I love Stay Perfect; it's sheer enough to let my freckles through while evening out all the rest. Everything in Boots is far too yellow for me.

CommanderShepard Fri 29-Jul-16 01:22:58

Everything else, I mean!

EatsShitAndLeaves Fri 29-Jul-16 12:04:11

Bourjois - healthy mix serum foundation is very good.

swooosh Fri 29-Jul-16 12:07:39

GOSH foundation drops rival my £35 Face Atelier foundation. It is fab.

Mrsderekshepard Fri 29-Jul-16 12:14:34

The Rimmel one with the red lid is really good. I sometimes use it instead of my double wear

OutwardBound2016 Fri 29-Jul-16 12:21:54

Thanks everyone, going to take a trip to town to try these out, hopefully will find something

FashionLover1 Fri 29-Jul-16 15:47:12

I read quite a lot of good reviews about Bourjois - healthy mix serum, so maybe you could try. Although it didn't suit me at all so I am staying with YSL.

littlepooch Fri 29-Jul-16 15:49:13

The bourjois ones are good. I alternate between bourjois healthy mix and Laura mercier depending on what coverage I want.

MargeryFenworthy Fri 29-Jul-16 16:35:37

No 7, stay perfect. Am v fussy and rarely impressed with foundation but have just bought my second tube of this. Love it.

Indecisivejo Fri 29-Jul-16 17:03:25

I like no7 stay perfect superlight

FashionablyLate Fri 29-Jul-16 17:07:52

Maybelline dream satin is my fave budget liquid foundation. It seems to blend in well and provides reasonable coverage. I use Bare Minerals normally which is £26 but lasts about 6 months so cost effective.

notamummy10 Fri 29-Jul-16 17:08:23

Rimmel London Wake Me Up
Bourjois Healthy Mix
Bourjois CC Cream
L'oreal True Match (the only skin type it's not suitable for is oily)
No7 Superlight Foundation - now it's a light coverage but it's build able.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now