Are debenhams always shit for delivery?

(21 Posts)
Kirriemuir Tue 26-Jul-16 18:26:22

I ordered quite a lot in the sale.

First email was sorry 2 dresses you did order are out of stock.

I have now had 3 further emails stating that there are three separate parcels on the way. That covers half the order! I have another 7 pieces still being processed. I placed the order on Friday night!

Crusoe Tue 26-Jul-16 18:33:46

Yes. I ordered some bedding, it was a nightmare with loads of different parcels at different times and the vital one containing the duvet covers around which all the other bedding was based never arriving.
Their customer service was very slow to respond and while I did get my money back it took a lot of tooing and froing.
Really put me off ordering from them since.

SteamyMcDreamy Tue 26-Jul-16 18:34:18

Yes

SellFridges Tue 26-Jul-16 18:35:41

Yes. Took about 10 days to get something delivered to store.

Scotmumof2girls Tue 26-Jul-16 18:45:57

Ive never had an issue but mostly use click and collect. Love their service.

kittymewslie Tue 26-Jul-16 21:06:01

M&S can be just as bad. It took 9 days for my last order to arrive.

puffinpants Tue 26-Jul-16 21:08:09

Yep dreadful

HoneyDragon Tue 26-Jul-16 21:08:18

They are spectacularly bad.

There customer service call centre are trained to say....

No

Sorry, no

Go to a store

What do you want me to do?

No.

And that's all.

LIZS Tue 26-Jul-16 21:13:11

Never had a problem!

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Wed 27-Jul-16 11:53:15

I don't buy from their sale on line anymore since having very similar problems and a bedlinen order that eventually came without the pillowcases.

The problem seemed to be that they take the order, take payment and then try to fulfil the order from the shop floor of your nearest store. If the goods have sold out at that store in the meantime they may try to source from another branch, hence the multiple parcels. But it takes an age to let you know and finally to refund your payment if they can't find what you ordered.

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 27-Jul-16 11:58:23

I've just had 2 deliveries. They both came really quickly. Clearly I was just lucky and I'm glad I didn't see this thread before I ordered!

SauvignonPlonker Wed 27-Jul-16 18:29:01

I've never had any problems. I wonder if it's because I'm a cardholder?

TulipsInAJug Wed 27-Jul-16 18:33:17

Worst customer service I've ever experienced - Debenhams. I bouwan expensive wedding present on a gift list. They messed it up, badly. Someone else must have bought the same gift, so our money was put on a gift voucher, without our consent. And worst of all the bridal couple were nnot informed so it looked like we didn't get them anything at all.

We complainned but did not even get an apology. Appalling.

Never again.

The bride said she'd had a nightmare.

Youremywifenow Wed 27-Jul-16 18:35:41

Yes, no idea why the have to send everything in separate parcels on different days. Must cost them more money

anyname123 Wed 27-Jul-16 18:37:45

The are AWFUL. I ordered some click and collect items, one of which they sold to someone else in the store! I wouldn't normally have minded but it was a pressie that I needed by a certain date

FaFoutis Wed 27-Jul-16 18:37:54

Yes.
Takes ages and packed in plastic bags so in a right old state by the time it arrives.

dreamingofsun Wed 27-Jul-16 19:29:30

they are still bad - about 12 years ago i used them and they were appalling - no stock for things the website said was in stock, charging me for things they didnt send. i used them once and they were so bad, never again

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Wed 27-Jul-16 20:50:09

YouremyWife I explained why they do that in my last post.

StrawbRhi Thu 28-Jul-16 09:32:12

Yes, my only order was a pair of converse that took over a week to deliver to store. Then I had to wait in line for half an hour to get the sodding thing.
Once I got home and opened the parcel, not only were the shoes both right foot, they were also different colours and one shoe was a size too big!
I'm not sure how they could have got it more wrong.

Onionringo Thu 28-Jul-16 09:40:50

I find them horrendous. And they use Hermes, who I always have problems with.

AncoraAmarena Thu 28-Jul-16 11:23:36

I use Click and Collect when I have to order from Debenhams, usually that works ok but I've had a few delays.

However, it's only the Debenhams 'branded' stuff that you can collect that way; the concessions come directly from the relevant brand and are sent out. I've generally had a complete nightmare when ordering these items - items cancelled, taking aaaaaages to arrive etc. So I don't use them anymore - House of Fraser hold many of the same brands and do next day Click & Collect.

I don't know why or how Debenhams gets it so wrong (with the style of their stuff too) but I wonder whether they'll still be around in a few years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now