Clarisonic

(10 Posts)
hotdiggedy Mon 25-Jul-16 17:50:16

Ok, I've been reading bits and pieces about these new fangled gadgets that seem to cost a fair bit of money. Any opinions on them? I know there are a couple of other brands making them too. I'm not loaded so this would be a luxury treat. I generally pay very little attention to myself style and beauty wise but I think I need to make a bit more effort for myself.

Fuzzypeggy Mon 25-Jul-16 17:52:44

I've got a cheaper one, can't remember the brand but it's essentially the same as a clarisobic, I bought it on eBay. Begins with r I think. Anyway I'm really glad I bought it as I find it a very effective exfoliator and my skin looks better for using it but I'm sure others will say just buy a brush for a couple of quid and use that

hotdiggedy Mon 25-Jul-16 18:07:35

Oh, thanks for replying. Do you have to use lotions and potions with it or do you use them dry? So, really its just a rotating brush?

Dreamqueen Mon 25-Jul-16 18:23:05

I've got a Clarisonic & love it. I use it with a hot cloth cleanser but put the cleanser on the clarisonic brush then start it. My skin seems much better since I started using it in May.

If you have anybody who is travelling to USA, they are much cheaper there.

Fuzzypeggy Mon 25-Jul-16 18:26:07

not rotating, mor like vibrating. I wash my face, leave it wet, put some cleanser on the brush and them use it. So I use it as a second cleanse and exfoliate

hotdiggedy Mon 25-Jul-16 18:47:27

What is a hot cloth cleanser? Sadly, I dont know anyone going to America! Does it not dry your skin out? Im thinking the corners of the nose mainly and does it make your face quite red?

Also, there are so many different types, which do you all have? Thank you!

Fuzzypeggy Mon 25-Jul-16 18:55:25

Rio sonicleanse is the one I have, way cheaper than clarisonic but really good. Doesn't dry my skin out but I always moisturise straight after. 2 brushes, one firmer than the other for more gentle or firm cleansing

ZaraW Mon 25-Jul-16 19:07:32

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for the last 3 years. I really like it.

Sammysquiz Mon 25-Jul-16 20:05:46

I have the Boots No 7 version and it's fab and not too pricey.

LadyFannyOfOmaha Mon 25-Jul-16 20:11:45

I've got a Magnitone from QVC, cost about £50. It's really helped clear out my congested pores. If I don't use it for a week or so they clog back up. I'm very pleased with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now