Updating winter wardrobe. Please help!

(7 Posts)
Inthesleeplessnightgarden Sun 24-Jul-16 20:40:05

Throwing myself on the mercy of stylish mumsnetters who fancy a challenge.
I'm returning to the UK after living abroad in hot countries for nearly 10 years. My winter wardrobe is still from about 2006 and has been pulled out for the occasional winter visit when I haven't wanted to buy new warm clothes for just a week or so.
I need a practical, reasonably stylish new look for this year. I'm also going from full time work to SAHM so need to build that into my wardrobe.
I'm a size 14/16 5ft6 normally wear a lot of Phase 8 dresses / Hobbs trousers/tops for work and a lot of Fat Face/ White Stuff cropped trousers and patterned tops for casual. I am especially stuck on cold weather shoes as I usually wear heels for work and havianas for home.
Help finding a winter school run look very much appreciated!

Inthesleeplessnightgarden Mon 25-Jul-16 22:20:27

Really? No one? Am doomed to look like I never left the early naughties.

DeadGood Mon 25-Jul-16 22:50:41

I think we are all trying to pretend that winter doesn't exist as we are enjoying some warm weather for once!

What sort of budget are you looking at?

calzone Mon 25-Jul-16 22:52:04

Bad timing op.

We're waiting for summer.

Inthesleeplessnightgarden Tue 26-Jul-16 06:20:40

Fair enough! Guess I am getting ahead of myself and thinking of start of new school term in Sept as winter 😀. On budget I suppose I have £800 to get some tops/bottoms, shoes and/or boots and a jacket or coat. Are those things even in the shops yet or is it still holiday wear?

Abraiid2 Tue 26-Jul-16 06:25:52

Lots of cashmere left in the boden sale.

DeadGood Tue 26-Jul-16 12:45:38

September is usually warmer than August round here!
I remember having a picnic in a sun dress at the end of October a few years back. (Not usual though!) I would pick up a good jumper, a pair of boots and the rest you can pick up as and when as you'll have time before the weather gets cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now