What to wear on a short haul flight?

(11 Posts)
CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 24-Jul-16 07:58:54

Checking in at dawn, arriving in the midday sun at a beach destination. I'm used to dressing for city breaks or longhaul so this is stressing me out!

walruswhiskers Sun 24-Jul-16 08:01:27

Dress, cardigan or light jacket (cold on the plane and in the airport), leggings to remove on landing if you want them,converse.

CremeEggThief Sun 24-Jul-16 08:02:16

A pair of socks for the flight and something with long sleeves to keep you warm.

Tinks15 Sun 24-Jul-16 08:03:41

Thin cotton type trousers, so legs are covered on the plane as can be quite chilly but then not too hot for when you arrive at hot destination.

burnishedsilver Sun 24-Jul-16 11:32:06

Something like this, from hush. Bring socks for the plane and take the jacket of when you land.

Petal02 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:59:58

Just wondering if you're on the same flight as me ....... I'll be wearing hareem trousers (loose but flattering), vest top, with an H&M zip-through fleece top, as it's often chilly on planes. Obviously I'll be taking the fleece off as soon as we land.

Madbengalmum Sun 24-Jul-16 19:04:02

Will you now Petal02!
Have a lovely holiday xxxxxxx😄

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 24-Jul-16 19:20:21

I just wore some sweaty betty harem type cropped trousers in black. A black vest top, denim jacket and ancient greek tan sandals.

Looked good and was comfortable and weather appropriate for here, flight and crete!

Petal02 Sun 24-Jul-16 21:03:46

I hope this has given you some ideas, OP?

And thank you for your good wishes Madbengalmum!!!

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 24-Jul-16 21:10:03

Fab thanks, I've pick out some loose cotton trousers from H&M (I think, the harems are on standby) white Broderie vest from gap and a Zara Cardigan/blazer thingy. Can't wait!

ItGoesWithoutSaying Tue 26-Jul-16 15:19:24

Fly to Spain most summers. I find what works is short summer dress with leggings and cardy for airport/plane. Both of which are whipped off as soon as they announce the flight is descending, ready for the 30 degree heat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now