The best beauty box

(22 Posts)
EllenDegenerate Sat 23-Jul-16 15:00:43

So I'm pregnant with my fifth child (20 weeks)
I've put on ten pounds, have a wrinkly forehead due to enforced abstinence from Botox and I miss wine blush

Consequently I'm just spending all of my money on lotions and potions which I don't need/don't work for me in an effort to feel better.

I can't really afford to do this, what with saving for mat leave etc.
I've seen these beauty boxes which I thought would be a great and relatively inexpensive monthly treat.

Do you subscribe to any of them? Which are best?
Glossybox? Look fantastic? Any others?

Thanks in advance smile

Glamorousglitter Sat 23-Jul-16 15:09:49

Funny I nearly ordered birch box there but jus thought I d do a bit more research - am I going to pay for what I could get in sample sizes at the beauty counter anyway ? Will watch this with interest

JustHereForThePooStories Sat 23-Jul-16 15:12:38

I subscribe to Glossybox and Birchbox. All in all, I'd prefer Birch. Better consistency and I like their packaging.

Hope it isn't against site rules but I'm going to post my referral code if anyone wants to use it to sign up. Haven't referred someone before but I think it give the new subscriber and me points or some form of discount.

www.birchbox.co.uk/invite/8gqpp

itstheyearzero Sat 23-Jul-16 15:19:05

How much are they?

EllenDegenerate Sat 23-Jul-16 15:26:58

They are £10-15 per month so quite good value really.

I hadn't looked at Birchbox so off to have a look!

squoosh Sat 23-Jul-16 15:30:39

QVC have started doing one for £20. It's good in that it's not a subscription and you can see what will be in the box before purchasing.

EllenDegenerate Sat 23-Jul-16 15:33:09

Oh really squoosh? That sounds interesting, and I don't know how I've missed it, QVC have had large chunks of my salary recently.

Specifically Gatineau blush

Thank you!

EllenDegenerate Sat 23-Jul-16 15:33:56

Ooooh and it has liquid gold, sold!

CointreauVersial Sat 23-Jul-16 23:44:12

If you ever buy beauty stuff from Amazon, they are doing a lovely box at the moment which is free if you spend £40. Here.

I just ordered one. and it has some great stuff in it. But they aren't really advertising it - it would be very easy to miss it!

joangray38 Sun 24-Jul-16 02:08:56

Feel unique do a pick n mix of 5 mini samples - hundreds to choose from for £3.95 including postage. You then get money off of you buy the items . I think the samples change every month

cheeseandmarmite15 Sun 24-Jul-16 05:48:32

I posted about the TILI box recently and only found one other person who was interested!

I thought for £20 it's a bargain and I've bought two. It's not on subscription and the next one is due out in October. I like that you can see what's in it. Postage is free.

Another poster on here pointed out that if you spend £40 on beauty products from Amazon you can get this beauty box priced £45 for free

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G27G3OQ/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_LuxBox_3a1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=62JKR4QD32THB9TX2A2X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1010840667&pf_rd_i=8880561031

I should be able to get a couple of those before it runs out.

Any things I don't use I keep for Christmas and put in with gifts or make bundles for a complete gift.

Icecreamsundaes Sun 24-Jul-16 07:38:25

I subscribe to birch box and glossy box, I love both actually, glossy box is probably the most value for money re products but I've discovered more skincare gems in birch box and their loyalty points soon add up to get the products full size. This month there was an elemis day cream and I should be able to get that free with my points the month after next.

You get £10 in points for referring people and £5 in points for each box you review.

ThisIslandGirl Sun 24-Jul-16 07:59:13

I subscribed to the Look Fantastic beauty box for the exact same reasons as you and I really enjoy it and look forward to it.

I don't know much about the other boxes but as well as beauty products you get tools too, make up brushes, etc. I got this great brush you can use on wet hair which is great for my thick hair. I have also found some great new products, like Nuxe, my new favourite! Sure, there are a few things you get that you aren't keen on but if you give them a go anyway you might be pleasantly surprised, like I was with self tan oil (seriously, how did I not know?! Really natural looking and more blendable than cream).

Let us know which one you do choose and tell us what you get in your first box! smile

LazySusan11 Tue 26-Jul-16 07:44:35

I second the new QVC Tili box, it's great value for money and excellent product choices. Love mine!

Snoozy1 Tue 26-Jul-16 08:31:59

You Beauty box is really good. It's only £6.95 and you get to choose 2 products from a selection of about 8 and they throw in a couple of extra goodies as well.

feelingmiffed Tue 26-Jul-16 08:39:06

I got glossy box this month ( was drawn in by the bogof offer!), thought it was ok, I've made use of most of the products I think, and it's encouraged me to try new things that I'd never normally buy!

kittykarate Tue 26-Jul-16 09:10:31

Latest in Beauty is pretty good - they don't do subscription, it's a mix of themed boxes and build your own. I often go have a look at what is in the build your own section and if there are some good full size items I pounce and buy a box.

SnoopDoggyDogg Tue 26-Jul-16 09:15:08

I used to get the LoveLula one but I accidentally cancelled my subscription and I really miss it! I'm going to sign back up for it, I've had some lovely products in there and full size ones too.

dogdaydisaster Tue 26-Jul-16 11:09:37

Look INcredible do two boxes; a deluxe at £35, which has about 4/5 full size products, and the regular which is I think £18. I've had the deluxe a few times and had some lovely products but it's a bit more of a splurge.

dogdaydisaster Tue 26-Jul-16 11:11:22

Also, whichbeautyboxuk.com has reviews of all the boxes availabale.

I like the look of cohorted....

Liiinoo Tue 26-Jul-16 11:31:22

I am a sucker for a beauty box (I loved the last M&S one) but I wasn't impressed with the QVC Tili box. It seems like reasonable value but the product range was quite dull. And it has a silly little fake tan mitt that is too small to put your whole hand in. That seemed a bit stingy.

I am going try Latest in Beauty now. It sounds great

feelingmiffed Tue 26-Jul-16 16:45:09

I may have just accidently ordered a birch box shockshockshockshockgringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now