Ibiza weekend wardrobe - help please!

(10 Posts)
curlyLJ Sat 23-Jul-16 09:17:32

Am off to Ibiza in mid Sept for a w/e with my girl friends and I need some help with wardrobe planning! We are all in our 40s.

We're not going for the club scene necessarily, we're staying in a 4* adult only hotel and will be going out in the evenings for drinks, dinner maybe a bit of dancing etc, but we are not staying in a clubby resort so not going to the main clubs you would instantly think of...

So, I need some ideas of what to wear in the day and evening. Have got a pair of denim shorts which I was thinking I could wear one evening with a nice top and my wedges and I've got some linen trs for the day but apart from that I am stuck. The dresses I have got don't seem right IYSWIM, but would love a nice dress...

Hit me with some ideas please! smile

Pippin8 Sat 23-Jul-16 11:19:04

I'm a similar age to you & going for a week soon.

For the day I'm planning on a bikini & a cover up. Got a white kaftan & a black jersey playsuit.

For the evening I'm taking a playsuit, a few dresses & 2 pairs sandals, but lots of accessories.

Pippin8 Sat 23-Jul-16 11:24:30

I went mad ordering off ASOS. Easy to try on at home with your own shoes & jewellery.

Plus if you're unsure about an item, you can sleep on it & see if you still like it in a few days, then send it back.

BigBarry Sat 23-Jul-16 11:26:04

When I go I just take enough shorts and one vest top then my sunglasses you don't need much more than the minimum

WeeM Sat 23-Jul-16 11:50:52

I would say denim shorts is a good option, maybe a jumpsuit/play suit if that's your thing, maxi dresses are good (although I wouldn't wear anything long to a club as it will get filthy!), gypsy style dresses/tops are nice too.

Don't worry about taking heels, I like flat forms for a bit of height so still feel dressed up but feet don't hurt or wedges. I get terrible sore feet though! Havaianas are also a must for me too. And some dressy flat jewelled sandals type of thing.

I've been 11 times-it's one of my favourite places. You will love it! You also have to go to Kasbah for dinner for the sunset-amazing!

WeeM Sat 23-Jul-16 12:02:57

Or smart shorts for night time is a good option too

curlyLJ Sun 24-Jul-16 10:01:30

thanks for all the replies. Lots of stuff to think about.

Need to shop for some dresses really - don't want to spend a fortune, but don't know what I want really. Has anyone seen any nice ones' that are nice (and would be right for Ibiza) they can link to? I did look on Asos pippin but there were about 800 dresses and I just lost the will to trawl through all those pages...

I've ordered a kaftan for the day off ebay and now I just need some more shorts - where's good for nice ones?

Not sure playsuits would suit me, I've never worn one and not sure I have the confidence to carry it off! I have just lot a bit of weight though and am comfortably a sz 12 so if I can find a nice one I might give it a try...

WeeM Tue 26-Jul-16 21:34:52

This is the kind of thing I was thinking about:
asos

Asos again

Boden

playsuit

maxi dress

maxi dress again

new look top I always think new look is great for inexpensive smart tops you could wear with black or denim shorts. They always have loads of nice holiday colours.

I also quite like the skorts idea although don't have any myself. I know what you mean about asos, you do lose the will! Hopefully this will give you some inspiration!

curlyLJ Tue 26-Jul-16 22:08:13

Thanks WeeM - that's great and thanks for taking the time to find those.

The only thing that worries me slightly is the high polyester content in some of the nice stuff I have seen (including some on those links) as surely that would be boiling/sweaty?!

I have bought some white chino shorts which I can dress down for day or up for evening with some wedges and nice top/jewellery etc. Have bought one dress off ebay and am bidding on another one!

Also bought an oversized cotton shirt that I can use over bikini etc.

Am getting there, slowly!

WeeM Tue 26-Jul-16 23:04:02

That's not something I ever really think about tbh! I try and wear loose-ish tops regardless. At night it's not so bad but yeah during the day I'd usually be wearing cotton/jersey type materials anyway. I like to pick things that don't crease and my first criteria is that I need to be able to wear a proper bra-so that rules out a lot right away!

Boden jersey maxi dresses are also amazing but not cheap (even with a voucher code) but they do last for ages, are really flattering and don't crease when wearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now