UV protective rash vest and shorts / leggings

(4 Posts)
SteviebunsBottrittrundle Wed 20-Jul-16 13:27:37

I am looking for something to wear on the beach which will protect my very pale and moley skin, but also be vaguely flattering! I am 5'8", busty, about half a stone overweight sad and a size 14/16.

My legs are probably my better feature, or at least they are from about ankle to mid thigh. From mid thigh upwards, probably not so good...

My tummy is diabolical. I'm trying to lose some weight and rectify this, but honestly it's never going to be gorgeous. I have a definite overhanging pouch (hot) and always did have a bit of this even when not overweight and before I had my baby. It's just a lot more noticeable now.

Also, does anyone know, would I need to wear a bra / bikini top underneath?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

specialsubject Wed 20-Jul-16 13:32:44

Rash vests are great for swimming but dont work outside the water. You'll get too hot if abroad, or chilled on normal UK days. So change it for a close weave t shirt.

Hence bikini top under a good idea if not on topless beach!

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Wed 20-Jul-16 13:54:45

Thanks special. Will have to hunt down a supportive bikini top too in that case. We are going to the Channel Islands in September, so thinking it will be warm(ish), but nothing extreme.

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Wed 20-Jul-16 14:01:03

Just updating as I've found a rash vest by some brand called Chessi. Have never heard of them but it got ok reviews on Amazon so fingers crossed. Have bought bikini shorts to go with it. Hopefully will be ok. Have also bought a Freya bikini top new from eBay. Was v cheap so not sure how it will be in person but fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now