Two skin issues I need help with

(8 Posts)
MatchsticksForMyEyes Tue 19-Jul-16 21:58:10

First one-I have this tiny patch of skin just above one eyebrow that gets really itchy and then comes up in a red lump. Always the same place. It then goes a bit flaky and disappears only to reappear after a while. Any ideas what it could be and how I could sort it?
Second issue is my skin reacts badly when I try new products. I am fairly ok with effaclar duo moisturiser on t zone, but I want a high factor spf that won't be greasy on my skin and make me break out more.
I'm 35 ffs and I've never had great skin.

phoolani Wed 20-Jul-16 00:33:16

You should get the lump biopsied - it sounds like it could be a basal something or other I had, which is effectively skin cancer, tho a really rubbish form of it - it won't go anywhere or do anything, but if you're getting one at your age you should know it and treat your face with a retin a cream and a shed load of sun screen.

MatchsticksForMyEyes Wed 20-Jul-16 07:37:33

Shit! It kind of goes away and recurs though. Would a carcinoma do that? I have an appointment with a nurse practitioner on Tues so I will ask her.

Bananajam Wed 20-Jul-16 11:16:28

I get a patch of eczema above my left eye, itchyand, bumpy red. It doesn't last for more than a few days but then reappears although saying that it hasn't been back for a while. Could it be eczema?

phoolani Wed 20-Jul-16 13:46:06

Mine came and went and was above my eye - and I thought it was eczema! Don't worry, tho - if it is a basal thingy (wish I could remember the name!) I was just given a cream to get rid of it, and now use Differin to stop any more coming. My impression was that yes, it was cancerous but I'd be dead 100 years before it would ever get around to doing anything dangerous.

MatchsticksForMyEyes Wed 20-Jul-16 20:28:56

What did they do to get the biopsy? I am such a wuss. Hope it is just eczema, although it seems odd to just get one patch of it.

phoolani Wed 20-Jul-16 20:50:02

They just scraped off a few bits - nothing to worry about. And of course, it may be nothing at all anyway, I ain't no doctor!

ThomasHardyPerennial Thu 21-Jul-16 07:12:47

It is more likely to be dermatitis or eczema. Eyebrows are a common place for patches of dermatitis - best get it seen to by a medical professional before you worry too much about skin cancer.

There are several ways to remove basel cell carcinomas, and the process is very thorough and nothing to be afraid of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now