Am I going to look way too overdressed in this? And will I fall on my backside in these heels?!

(13 Posts)
DriveMeToTennessee Sat 16-Jul-16 22:48:26

Had a night out planned in a couple of weeks time, proper night out on the town. Looks like we will probably be starting a bit earlier due to work colleague's leaving do, starting probably 5 or 5.30. Will have to wear the outfit I had planned for night out from earlier in the evening.

This is what I had planned:

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Bodycon-Dress-with-V-Neck-and-Cold-Shoulder/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6812874&affid=14179&channelref=product+search&mk=abc¤cyid=1&gclid=COOmo5T6-M0CFRG3GwodCiwAww&un_jtt_application_platform=newPlp&un_jtt_redirect

With these shoes:

m.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-leather-ankle-strap-heels-_382002801

Am I going to look really overdressed in the pub wearing that at 5pm? And I am scared I will fall on my arse in those heels, I live in trainers these days! Any suggestions for equally pretty but slightly more comfortable shoes are welcome!

squoosh Sat 16-Jul-16 22:52:50

The link for the dress isn't working for me. As for the shoes they are pretty high, and if you normally wear trainers I'd sat your poor trotters might go into shock.

WottyMcWottFace Sat 16-Jul-16 22:52:58

Asos link doesn't work can you post a picture smile

squoosh Sat 16-Jul-16 22:55:28

If I wear heels I always go for a pair with a slight platform in the sole.

SaggyNaggy Sat 16-Jul-16 23:00:36

www.asos.com/asos/asos-bodycon-dress-with-v-neck-and-cold-shoulder/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6812874&clr=Black&SearchQuery=Body+con+dress+v+neck+cold+shoulder&SearchRedirect=true

SaggyNaggy Sat 16-Jul-16 23:01:06

Is that the dress op?

DriveMeToTennessee Sat 16-Jul-16 23:01:08

Sorry about that, hope this works!

That's what I'm worried about squoosh! 😄 All the gel cushions in the world won't help with those! I have lots of platforms but just love these sandals... I'm definitely thinking I will need folding ballet pumps in my bag.

DriveMeToTennessee Sat 16-Jul-16 23:02:12

Ah thanks Naggy 🙂

Lucked Sat 16-Jul-16 23:03:21

Well you are going into a 'town' so some people will be dressed up. Denim jacket for the pub. Ankle boots would be perfect for the pub but may not be right for the next you are going on to.

DriveMeToTennessee Sat 16-Jul-16 23:10:36

Lucked I should perhaps mention that whilst it's a reasonably large town, it's also a dump 😄 Butt of many jokes. So I doubt many will be dressed up. We are heading to the nicer part later in the evening!

SaggyNaggy Sat 16-Jul-16 23:34:23

I think that dress and shoes will look gorgeous.
I would suggest trying them on for a while before long term wear and maybe keep some of the fold up flats in your bag for later in the evening. grin

DriveMeToTennessee Sat 16-Jul-16 23:48:24

Thanks Naggy 🙂 Definitely will get some fold up flats. Like Lucked's suggestion of the denim jacket too, will look good I think.

lasttimeround Sun 17-Jul-16 07:40:06

Throw over a shirt - denim, linen soften up the dress. I don't wear heels so uninformed but those look v sharp. Could you get a blockier heel or something? Or pack flatties

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now