Boxing match at the 02 arena - no idea what to wear?

(5 Posts)
Petal02 Thu 14-Jul-16 14:11:10

DH has just got free tickets to a high profile boxing match at the 02 arena – he’s really excited about it. I’m not really into boxing (yoga is my thing …….) but it means a weekend in London, so I’ll get chance to see some fab shops!

But what on earth do I wear? Do people get dressed up for boxing? I’m hoping to get lots of responses saying skinny jeans and a nice top ………..

TheNotoriousPMT Fri 15-Jul-16 13:56:52

Skinny jeans and nice top sounds fine. I'd go for a biker jacket over the top.

I've never been to a boxing match but I have been to pro MMA events. Assuming it's a similar crowd, I'd dress down rather than up.

....unless your DH has got the £10k a pop front row seats, in which case you may wear one of the two following looks:

A) trophy girlfriend - big hair, fake tan, lots of jewellery, cleavage and high high heels

Or

B) [female] boxer - grey hoodie. Make a concession to prestige of event by wearing your hair down.

(Is it really boxing? It's not Bellator, is it? If so, I'm jealous!)

Petal02 Sun 17-Jul-16 12:18:29

It's Kell Brook versus someone I can't pronounce on 10 September. I will be wearing skinny jeans and a nice top!

Blingygolightly Sun 17-Jul-16 13:01:20

I have never been to watch a Boxing match but I am frequently at the o2 when the Boxing is on. I am always surprised by how much a lot of the women dress up and they seem to dress like they are going to a party or nightclub. Skinnies and a nice top will fit in but will ge at the conservative end of some of the horrors that I observe.

jubileepancakes Sun 17-Jul-16 13:06:49

I had a date recently at a boxing match. I posted on here for advice as I had no idea what to wear! I took said advice and wore skinny jeans and a slinky top and heels, I felt great. It wasn't the o2 but was still corporate. There were a lot of women in my area in fake tan, next to nothing, big hair and eyebrows etc but I just sniggered to myself and enjoyed it for what it was. Have a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now