Foundation and dry skin?!

(4 Posts)
Jghl1234 Thu 14-Jul-16 12:26:59

I have very dry skin and I'm sick to death of looking like I havnt washed my face when I put on foundation.

If I don't do my make up I look ill and scruffy, what foundation is best for dry skin.

As for skincare I have just irdered, Paula's choice, cleanser, toner, moisturiser and mask. Hopefully this helps my skin too!!

Lottapianos Thu 14-Jul-16 12:34:45

Skincare is where it all begins. You need your skin to be in the best possible condition. I have never used any Paula's choice products but I know its a popular brand. Double cleanse with hot water and a flannel every evening and cleanse once with a flannel every morning. Acid toning has worked wonders for my dry skin - scaliness and flakiness is now a thing of the past. I use Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix pads (not the Extreme ones) and Nip and Fab Glycolic Serum, every other night. Drink plenty of water and cut way back on caffeine, sugar and alcohol.

Re foundations, I get along well with Rimmel Match Perfection, Rimmel Lasting Finish and MAC Face and Body. Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation gets a lot of love from dry-skinned folks but I find it very yellow on me.

PollyPerky Thu 14-Jul-16 12:39:36

Are you saying your skin looks flaky? There are loads of good foundations, or tinted moisturisers. Bobbi Brown does several foundations for dry skin- eg Moisture Rich and a couple of others. Clinique does one in a tube for really dry skin, Clarins does one in a glass pot which is for very dry skin.

It might be that working on your diet would help. Do you get enough Omega 3 - oily fish, walnuts, avocadoes, olive oil, full fat milk or cheese in small amounts, etc? Often just dealing with the symptoms doesn't work.

peaceloveandtwirlywoos Thu 14-Jul-16 12:39:57

I've got very dry skin and had very good results with YSL La Teint Touche Eclat foundation. It's dewy and you don't need a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now