I've just bought some DM's.

(10 Posts)
coveredinhopeandvaseline Tue 12-Jul-16 16:30:27

I'm completely in love after seeing lots of hip looking guys and gals at a gig in Manchester sporting DM boots and shoes. The boots don't really suit me, as they cut off at the wrong part of my leg.

I'm currently thinking of all the rolled up skinny jeans, oversized shirts, flowery dresses and things I'm going to put together when these babies arrive.

And then I realise I'm 1.5 stone overweight snort :D

www.drmartens.com/uk/p/originals-shoes-polished-smooth-siano

HarlettOScara Tue 12-Jul-16 16:33:39

Wear them with pride.

I'm way more overweight and the wrong side of 40 but I bought these recently and I love them.
www.drmartens.com/uk/p/originals-shoes-smooth-8065

coveredinhopeandvaseline Tue 12-Jul-16 16:35:49

I love those!!

YouMakeMyDreams Tue 12-Jul-16 16:40:12

Dd has just asked for a pair. She's nearly 13. Dh really did feel like we were back in the 90's. Dd has quite a flair for fashion and she can pull it off. Whereas at her age I just looked like I'd got dressed in the dark at a jumble sale.

rightknockered Tue 12-Jul-16 17:03:55

I have 6 pairs of DMs currently, they go with everything

MyFriendsCallMeOh Tue 12-Jul-16 17:20:56

I have these. They are several years old, look brand new and are super comfortable. Going to get my kids Dr Martens school shoes next month too, they last forever.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sat 16-Jul-16 03:56:41

I have classic Doc Martens boots in a flower pattern. They are the most uncomfortable piece of footwear I've ever had.

WanderingTrolley1 Sat 16-Jul-16 05:05:29

Unfortunately, they don't make them like they used to - a pair I purchased last year are worn down on the sole and I don't exactly walk that much.

PitilessYank Sat 16-Jul-16 05:10:02

Unless you buy from the DM collection that is still made in England, you get shoes made elsewhere (mostly in China, I think), which are not as good. I discovered this when I bought a pair 20 years after I bought my previous pair and they felt very odd.

IJustLostTheGame Sat 16-Jul-16 06:52:40

I've been wearing my DMs since the 90s.
Literally.
My beautiful multicolored graffiti ones were bought in '97.

I love DMs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now