PHOTO ATTACHED - Is this too summery/plain for a wedding?

(15 Posts)
1million Tue 12-Jul-16 16:10:58

Dress fitted, looks lovely...not sure it's too summery/plain for a wedding on 6 August?

Also what colour shoes should I go for and bag?

Dailymailsuxass Tue 12-Jul-16 16:12:27

I like it, think it would be lovely for a wedding.

electricflyzapper Tue 12-Jul-16 16:13:02

Lovely dress. Very suitable for a summer wedding, I would have thought.
I'd probably match my shoes and bag to the sash, but I am no s&b guru.

electricflyzapper Tue 12-Jul-16 16:13:54

Or just plain white (shoes/sandals & bag). Yes, I would buy white rather than red.

lydmae Tue 12-Jul-16 16:15:30

That's a lovely dress. I certainly would not describe it as plain!

You could go for almost any colour shoes and bag with that too... red, purple, nude, blue, grey... black even. Good luck with whatever you decide.

imsorryiasked Tue 12-Jul-16 16:19:21

Really nice dress. I'd go for blush pink or maybe white shoes and bag to match but not over power it

polyhymnia Tue 12-Jul-16 16:25:44

Ideal for a summer wedding. I'd probably look at silver or pale grey shoes.

1million Tue 12-Jul-16 16:36:27

Phew! Thanks It's more of a cerise red/pink - looks abit red on the pic. White ummmm I always think of white as "white stilletos" not sure about that!

ErrolTheDragon Tue 12-Jul-16 16:45:17

Perfect choice.... very similar to one I got for a wedding a few years back.grin. I already had some suitable white heeled sandals (not stillettos - apart from the colour never wear those to a wedding as you often end up on grass for photos!), not sure I bothered with a bag. I had a simple white short sleeved jacket to go over as it was a fairly posh do.

YesOfCourseAlways Tue 12-Jul-16 18:00:26

I'd go for metallic shoes/bag, silver or gold, whichever suits your skin tone best. Metallics are a great neutral, go with everything, good investment!

Woodhill Tue 12-Jul-16 18:02:07

Lovely dress

sodabreadjam Tue 12-Jul-16 18:03:36

I was at a wedding at the weekend and dresses like this (floral, sleeveless) were very popular.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 12-Jul-16 18:04:59

Metallic or cerise shoes. Don't match your shoes and bag though! Beautiful dress.

BengalCatMum Tue 12-Jul-16 18:12:22

Its great OP!

I would go for these in nude...

www.misspap.co.uk/aria-black-patent-pointed-high-heel-.aspx?gclid=CKXM6u607s0CFYZuGwodSOgHqQ

It has a red sole like the posho Louboutin's but for £15. Bargain!

They wont last long (compared to the real deal); but will definitely get 5-10 full day wears out of them (walking all day). Or waaayyy way more if you do office job and fancy sitting around in them.

^Obviously something wrong with the way I walk if I go through shoes this quick confused

BengalCatMum Tue 12-Jul-16 18:14:14

Oh no OP, only black available atm; keep an eye out though... they come good at restocking favourites

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now