Newly pierced ears - holes seem to have closed up after only 36 hours or so without earrings in.

(9 Posts)
wantingresults Tue 12-Jul-16 14:36:47

I got my ears pierced a good while ago now and kept the studs in for however many weeks I was supposed to. I finally took the studs out and put in new earrings I'd chosen for a day or so but then for various reasons didn't wear earrings for a day and a half. Now I can't seem to find any sort of hole at all. Are you not supposed to even go that long without wearing earrings? I wouldn't have thought the holes could have closed up so quickly....

SaggyNaggy Tue 12-Jul-16 14:52:07

Ive had my ears pierced for longer than i care to remember... 20years. sad
If i take my earrings out at night and dont put any in in the morning, theyll close by the next night.

You should be able to easily push it back through with a stud though. Then always at least have a stud in.

wantingresults Tue 12-Jul-16 15:04:47

God, nightmare! I've tried pushing through but I can't find where the hole is meant to be on the other side even when I get the earring in in the first place.

ellie264 Tue 12-Jul-16 16:58:03

I took my earrings out over night (so about 8 hours) a few months after having them pierced and they closed up. My mum basically had force the earrings through. If I were you I'd go back to the piercer's.

notamummy10 Tue 12-Jul-16 16:59:21

I guess it depends how they were pierced, was it done with a gun or a needle?

DramaAlpaca Tue 12-Jul-16 17:03:34

My first ear piercings were done over 30 years ago and they don't close up even if I don't wear earrings for weeks.

I had another ear piercing done above the first one a few months ago & like you OP I left them out overnight recently and struggled to find the hole again. Now I always keep a stud in there so they don't close.

I'd try putting a bit of vaseline on a stud and try to gently wiggle it through. The hole will still be there even if you can't see it easily.

Fuzzypeggy Tue 12-Jul-16 18:56:20

I recently put earrings back in holes that hadn't seen earrings for 20 years! No problem at all, seems everyone is different but I would suggest that the hole is still there after a day, flesh can't close over that quickly if the holes were healed properly after the piercing. They will go through if you gently push them surely.

Cherylene Tue 12-Jul-16 18:58:13

Use a bit of Savlon as a lubricant wink

fiorentina Tue 12-Jul-16 21:43:14

I use dangly earrings to push through the hole if they are closed up a little, as they aren't as thick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now