Proper mascara removal

(7 Posts)
twoundertwowillbefun Mon 11-Jul-16 21:07:54

A very lazy mum here who would like a bit of advice from you knowledgable ladies.

I look rubbish without mascara but it's such a bugger to properly get off each night - I've tried lots of removers with various price points but I seem to always be left with faint panda look the next morning...so perhaps my mascara is the problem? Anyway, anyone have recommendations for mascara that's not a complete ball ache to remove each evening and doesn't leave behind a trace?

I've dyed my eyelashes before which does look ok but I really need the volume that mascara gives my fine eyelashes hmm

Carpaccio Mon 11-Jul-16 21:23:12

I like Clinique Take the Day off (the purple bottle, not the blue one) makeup remover.

For mascara, I like tubing mascaras - they last all day on me (I have oily lids and even waterproof mascaras smudge terribly on me), but are easy to take off with warm water.

L'Oreal Beauty Tubes (double ended; it comes with a white primer that I don't use - it's in a red and white packaging) is good and affordable.
Clinique Lash Power (there are two versions and I have been given samples before, so it's worth asking) is very good too, but more expensive.
Estee Lauder Double Wear mascara (there are a few different one, I like the one with the gold lid) - it lasts very well, but is a bit harder to take off.
No7 also have a tubing mascara in gold packaging - it's supposed to be good but I haven't tried it. There are more on the market, I just haven't tried them.

I take them off with warm water, a cloth and Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm (I use it to take all of my makeup off and don't need additional products to get eye makeup off).

poppym12 Mon 11-Jul-16 22:08:11

I've started wearing individual false lashes. Just a few on the outer corner of each eye and I find that I don't need to scrabble for the mascara to try to look remotely awake now. I leave them on 4 or 5 days then off for a couple.

TheLittlestBear Mon 11-Jul-16 22:10:56

Ooh. I think I know the answer to this one. It's time consuming.

Hold tissue under your eye against skin, dip cotton wool bud (q-tip) into make up remover and gently wipe downwards over eyelashes with eye closed onto the tissue paper.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 11-Jul-16 22:13:25

Wilkos eye make remover, it's 90p and it's the best I've ever used even takes off water proof with one swipe. I buy in bulk!

princessconsuelabannahammock Mon 11-Jul-16 22:15:59

You need something oily to remove mascara, best thing i have used is baby oil and now currently use coconut oil -it doesnt sting, does an amazing job and makes the skin around my eyes very soft.

twoundertwowillbefun Tue 12-Jul-16 11:30:39

You ladies are awesome smile I think tube mascara is the way to go for me as I'm just so lazy and it sounds like it covers what I want it to smile no more panda bear eyes!!! Thank you again grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now