This won't end In tears will it?

(11 Posts)
Dowser Mon 11-Jul-16 15:14:30

Basically I forgot to ask my hairdresser for an appointment , when I did it was too late, she was going away this week.
So I'm thinking of getting a tint to cover the greys near my scalp/ parting.
I don't want to change the colour of my streaks ...too much

Was thinking of light ash blonde

On my way to town town now.

What do you think?

Dowser Tue 12-Jul-16 13:18:23

Given myself a bump.

Without no mn advice , stood in front of the vast array of hair dyes I wimped out.

Isn't there somebody with highlighted hair and a bit of grey coming through tried a temporary dye ...with good results?

ReallyNoEyeDeer Tue 12-Jul-16 14:17:01

Mess with existing professional colour at your peril!

I'd book an appointment with another hair dresser if yours is away.

MargotLovedTom Tue 12-Jul-16 14:19:40

I wouldn't. Unless she's going on a round the world trip I'd wait until she came back. You can get all sorts of root and grey disguising wash out sprays and powders now, I'd go for something like that rather than dyeing it.

Toxicity Tue 12-Jul-16 15:01:54

I agree with the PPs, either book with another hairdresser at the salon or buy one of those spray/powders for disguising roots.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 12-Jul-16 15:11:43

I would get the light ash blonde dye, Nice n Easy. Ash or cool colours will prevent brassy yellow tones. Mix up a small amount by pouring out equal parts on to a saucer or plastic container to do a strand test first the day before. Once dry, check it blends in with the rest of your hair and look at it under bright natural light.

If you're happy, don't cover all of your hair with the dye, just apply to your roots. Start at the centre parting and then part your hair and apply to your scalp only.

If you want to cover grey roots or make hair blonder, I would advise a permanent dye.

The L'Oreal Excellence range are good as well.

Dowser Wed 13-Jul-16 13:35:20

Oh, thank you so much for the help.
Maggot what is the name of this wonder stuff/ powder?
I go on holiday for two weeks on saturday. My hair is so fine I'm a bit reluctant to go to somebody new. That was why I wimped out of buying a box dye.
I case it just disagreed withmy scalp, turned my silvery blonde streaks orange.
I thought I was going to see something like hint of a tint insilver blonde or ash blonde but it was all serious stuff thatneededmixing. So ibacked off.

Dowser Wed 13-Jul-16 13:37:43

Lost, I don't have all over colour. Still quite brown with blonde highlights and grey hairs coming through

It must be 8-12 weeks since I had it done

Dowser Wed 13-Jul-16 13:38:38

10 weeks!

MargotLovedTom Wed 13-Jul-16 15:02:25

shock at being called Maggot grin

There's a John Frieda spray I think. I have a powder called Wow, but it's quite pricey. There's a selection of stuff in Boots, I'd go and have a look.

BellaEnd Wed 13-Jul-16 15:10:25

I use the Batiste Brilliant Blonde dry shampoo when my roots need doing. It hides the darker regrowth quite nicely and doesn't mess with the colour of my highlights. And it's quite cheap too. Always gets me through that last week. I wash and dry my hair as normal and just give my parting a quick blast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now