Perms????

(9 Posts)
puglife15 Mon 11-Jul-16 12:32:51

Am I mad to consider one? Hair is slightly wavy in most places but straightish at front so I'm constantly either straightening or curling/scrunching. I'd like proper wavy hair. It's shoulder length.

jellycat1 Mon 11-Jul-16 12:39:32

Doooooont!

Bedsheets4knickers Mon 11-Jul-16 12:40:18

I'm currently growing my hair to the middle of my back to get a perm . I think it's about time they made a come back x

puglife15 Mon 11-Jul-16 12:44:06

They made a come back a few years ago didn't they? But don't know anyone who's had one. Bedsheets how come you're growing your hair first?

Waffles80 Mon 11-Jul-16 18:38:20

I've been wondering this for ages.

Can you get them with nice wavy curls and not crazy Granny tight ones?

Bedsheets4knickers Mon 11-Jul-16 23:13:41

Because I want a longer perm .. I've got just hitting the shoulder hair length ., I think it would be too short . A perm takes inches of the length x

Bedsheets4knickers Mon 11-Jul-16 23:16:18

I don't want tight ones either

BackforGood Mon 11-Jul-16 23:21:34

No you aren't mad.
I was considering one for ages - same problem. Hair that waves all over and curls in parts, but just sticks out in others. Since I had it permed, Ive have loads of compliments, and it's just so easy to look after. Wish I'd done it ages before.

bigboypants Mon 11-Jul-16 23:25:08

I loved my perm, only time I have ever loved my hair. 8 years ago, really lovely soft waves, so easy to look after. My hair isn't thick but there is loads of it and it has an annoying kink in it that only works worn down if it's straightened. I cannot style it with the dryer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now