Smart work trousers. Help!

(5 Posts)
GooodMythicalMorning Sun 10-Jul-16 18:25:33

Started a new job, (small hippyish type shop.) we are allowed to wear our own clothes but no jeans, trainers and hoodies which I what I was living in. Am 30, 5"10 and a fairly trim 12 on top but 14 on bottom cos I have wide hips. Im completely stuck on what trousers I should get as I want something smart but doesnt look like school type trousers. Also cant be too expensive. Thanks. (Any other clothes suggestions are helpful too!)

Blueberryblueberry Sun 10-Jul-16 19:10:26

Chinos? Next have some colourful ones in at the mo. can dress up with smarter sandals/shoes or down with converse/Birkenstocks?

Blueberryblueberry Sun 10-Jul-16 19:11:36

Think they were about £20?

GooodMythicalMorning Sun 10-Jul-16 20:14:23

Im not really sure what chinos are but will google. Thank you. Thats the kind of price I was thinking.

ellie264 Mon 11-Jul-16 10:10:53

Patterned cigarette trousers would be smart but more interesting than black trousers for a casual shop. Choose a small print for a more flattering look on larger hips. Then you can team with basics like plain black or grey tops. Heels, sandals or flats are all good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now