Body shaping underwear

(3 Posts)
calisha Sat 09-Jul-16 23:13:16

I've got an unusually (for me) clinging black dress...although I'm a size 12 the rigours of age/children/laziness are a bit (quite a lot) unforgiving. I'm thinking that the time has come for that body shaping underwear they have now. So would it give me that smooth and shapely in a clingy dress thing and would avoid vpl ? What sort of shaping wear Is best? Is it incredibly uncomfortable to wear? I'm a complete novice in the ways of shaping underthings

WhiteHairReally Sun 10-Jul-16 00:14:09

www.marksandspencer.com/firm-control-sheer-and-opaque-wear-your-own-bra-slip/p/p22232543?prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

One of these, 'smooths everything' but doesn't compress your breasts into some matronly uniboob.

You still have to think about what goes on underneath it though. Be wary of pants / tights that have a distinct waistband, which might still be 'highlighted'. Wear them hoicked up near your bra, or don't wear them. Trying to go to the loo can be 'interesting'. I did also find my 'smooth it all' slip had managed to roll all the way up to my waist after a not particularly rigorous round of dancing!

Sainsbury's also do a cheaper, less Firm Control one too. I wear these in the winter ( being a southerner up north) to keep my kidneys warm. My grandmothers would have turned to an attractive item by Damart for similar effect.

burnishedsilver Sun 10-Jul-16 00:26:37

Spanx are ridiculously comfortable. The type that look like high waisted cycling shorts are brilliant. They're not cheap but often crop up in tkmaxx at a fraction of the normal price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now