Make up for wedding

(8 Posts)
Woodhill Fri 08-Jul-16 17:19:53

I am getting my hair done in the morning but will not apply make up till midday . I will cleanse and moisturiser my face before hairdresser but do I need to cleanse again before I apply my make up.

Do you need sunscreen or can I give it a miss as I don't want to ruin my make up,

Woodhill Sat 09-Jul-16 08:07:14

Anyone thanks

DrLockhart Sat 09-Jul-16 08:15:54

I wouldn't cleanse and moisturise again. But use a very good moisturiser that you know to allow it to sink in. And drink lots of water in the morning.

I had 2-3 facials at a beauticians leading up to my wedding day and then did my own make up.

I must have drunk about 2 litres of water before midday. My skin was amazing all day.

pippinandtog Sat 09-Jul-16 08:19:15

Woodhill, I would think that you would need to cleanse your face just before applying make up, as usual, as you will have been up and about, busy and having hair done, and your skin could be sweaty and need cleansing.
You could just wash your face with warm water in the morning and cut out that cleansing session.
I wouldn't apply a sunscreen,as it could spoil your make-up: your usual moisturiser or foundation may well have a SPF anyway.
Is it your own wedding?

pippinandtog Sat 09-Jul-16 08:22:30

Just noticed the times of your postings and I'm wondering if the wedding is today.
I'm picturing you sitting there watching this thread and wondering whether to wash your face!

Woodhill Sat 09-Jul-16 08:46:24

Yes today mob dds wedding smile

So want to look great. Photos outside.

Have to go up to hairdresser short walk. Do you think blow the spf. I have a no7 one which goes under make up

I could use a make up wipe first before putting on make up?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 09-Jul-16 08:51:10

No sun screen - it'll show on the photos!

Have a lovely day flowers

pippinandtog Sat 09-Jul-16 08:55:27

Normal cleanse before make-up.
Have a wonderful day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now