No more yellow streaks - green ones now,

(5 Posts)
NelAntarctic Thu 07-Jul-16 22:00:43

I've had my hair coloured and I don't know what to do. Gone are my grey roots and bleached yellow ends and now I have more natural colours with underlying ash sections.

Except that my front bits by the side of my head are a definite shade of green. I was flustered leaving the salon, and didn't want to complain. But even DD's are saying Mum your hair is green.

WTF do I do?? Is there anything I can do at home ?

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Thu 07-Jul-16 22:04:44

Oh no. Definitely Ring the salon and tell them. I wouldn't risk trying to put it right yourself. Surely the hairdresser will want to put it right for you? Are they a hairdresser you use and trust and usually do a good job?

MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Thu 07-Jul-16 22:10:21

It sounds crazy, but the red from the tomatoes counteracts the green tints. And the acid helps remove minerals that caused the nasty chemical color reaction. Simply massage the ketchup into your hair with your fingertips, leave on for 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse out thoroughly with cool water.

Got this from Google, but have heard this before.

NelAntarctic Thu 07-Jul-16 22:15:51

Raw tomatoes or tomato ketchup?

YellowShockedFace Thu 07-Jul-16 22:25:33

Try a rose gold temporary hair dye? It can make the blonde a bit darker but takes the green away. Another alternative is using 'colour b4' (then use a lot of conditioner).
However the salon should do it for you for free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now