Preteen and a bra, any bra gurus please!

(9 Posts)
LazySusan11 Wed 06-Jul-16 07:47:50

Dsd is 12 and has begun developing small breast buds her mum has taken for a bra fitting a while back however yesterday she arrived wearing an underwired fully padded 34B bra!

I know she wants to be grown up etc but should we now be getting a bra that actually fits, where have lovely teen bras and how best to measure her?

SandunesAndRainclouds Wed 06-Jul-16 07:56:11

I took my DD to John Lewis. They do back sizes starting at 28 and a range of appropriate cup sizes. No AAs in sight!

The cups on their bras are wire free but they are slightly padded / moulded - apparently this is a modesty issue!! Anyhow, DD gets on fine with them and they're not visible under school blouses.

Mishaps Wed 06-Jul-16 08:00:36

Teen bras can be bought anywhere - they are all the rage. I have kept one of my DD's first bras - it is a 28AA and basically a ribbon on a pair of straps!

KatharinaRosalie Wed 06-Jul-16 14:37:47

Not that it's impossible for a 12-year old to be 34B, but as this is the favourite size of M&S, it's quite likely she isn't. John Lewis is generally better at fitting.

Slingcrump Wed 06-Jul-16 14:39:07

Next have good bras for teens

PurpleWithRed Wed 06-Jul-16 14:40:30

My one piece of advice is DO NOT Google 'Teenage Bras'. What comes up may not be sensible clothing advice for 13 year old girls.

John lewis is probably the place to start, I'd agree. Whilst it's obviously not impossible I'd say that it's unlikely that a pre teen is truly a 34 unless she's, well, rather large all over.

LazySusan11 Wed 06-Jul-16 17:22:12

She's definitely not a 34B! I fear she likes the massive padded boob look so she wasn't very impressed when I suggested we get one that actually fits! Will look at John Lewis

Balletgirlmum Wed 06-Jul-16 17:26:14

Definately John Lewis. Their teen bras are padded (stops nipples being seen) but they tend to fit them a bit better.

At a guess if she's been M & S'd she's probably gong to end up with something like a 28 or 30 D or DD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now