curl stuff for hair

(6 Posts)
NelAntarctic Mon 04-Jul-16 20:39:15

I am CLUELESS.

I want to curl my hair so I've just bought a waving wand on Amazon. I known I'll need something else but what?

Someone recommended Bumble and Bumble. It looks pricey. Any advice?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 04-Jul-16 22:59:48

If you are using heat to curl you don't need curly hair stuff. You need heat protector and something to hold the style.

Personally I use three day straight and then use a curl want but my hair is naturally curly. What do you normally use? And how do you normally style your hair?

PurpleDaisies Mon 04-Jul-16 23:02:15

I like the frizz ease range, particularly the mousse, but I've got quite naturally curly hair so it is fairly easy to style.

NelAntarctic Mon 04-Jul-16 23:40:53

Thanks both.

Felicia, I just run some Argan oil through it now and again. I stopped straightening it last year when straighteners bust and I never replaced them.

Now that hair is a little longer, I've been persuaded to wave it. I don't want crispy surf-God look, something gentler.

NelAntarctic Tue 05-Jul-16 05:19:46

Bump

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 05-Jul-16 10:44:02

You'll probably be ok with just some heat spray. I find the tresemme one is pretty good - a bit like a really mild hairspray?

Just make sure you wave away from your face, use the gloves and hold the curl in your hand for a few seconds to allow it to cool slightly.

I tend to part my hair vertically in about 6 or 7 sections and curl each section. When shaken out it looks lovely, really natural and beachy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now