Problems applying make up over sun cream

(15 Posts)
FayeTulehrer Mon 04-Jul-16 11:56:27

I seem to have a permanently shiny face because of the sun cream I apply under my make up. I've tried using different sun screens and also switched between using mineral make up and bb creams over the top but I always end up looking shiny.

Are there any tricks to minimising the shine?

Indecisivejo Mon 04-Jul-16 11:57:45

What sun cream are u using snd what have you tried?

Indecisivejo Mon 04-Jul-16 11:58:51

Also have u tried applying a lighting dusting of loose powder over the sun cream BEFORE applying your foundation/bb cream etc? May sound odd to use powder first but it is a good tip

finnmcool Mon 04-Jul-16 12:00:11

I use Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunscreen factor 30 and it doesn't make me shiny.

Indecisivejo Mon 04-Jul-16 12:10:16

That was meant to say a light dusting not lighting!

Blueberryblueberry Mon 04-Jul-16 12:16:53

I use a garnier Ambre solaire face and neck cream (spf50) let it dry in and then make up on the top. It's the best I've tried, I'm v pale and wear it everyday in Summer

FayeTulehrer Mon 04-Jul-16 13:41:43

Thanks for all the tips. Currently using sun sense although was using clarins before that. Might try the dry touch stuff and the powder underneath.

PlanBwastaken Mon 04-Jul-16 13:43:54

You need Japanese sunscreen! Biore and Hada Labo are probably equally good, the latter even works as a primer. You can get them on eBay, Google for reviews first to see where to start. The difference to western brands is incredible.

LittleMysMoominMamma Mon 04-Jul-16 13:52:06

I second the rec for Japanese sunscreen, I use the Biore Watery Gel under makeup every day, it's bloody great stuff!

Absolutelynothingelse Mon 04-Jul-16 14:00:55

I've been using ultrasun for face and it works as a brilliant primer for my makeup.

Scarydinosaurs Mon 04-Jul-16 20:08:15

Dermalogica do a lovely primer that is also a sunscreen! I adore it. It's like a foam, it's so soft!

I would try Biore. It's great. No shine. I'm on about my fourth tube. Good price also.

Indecisivejo Mon 04-Jul-16 20:43:03

Just to clarify I didn't mean powder before the sun cream I meant after the sun cream and before foundation

MassiveStrumpet Mon 04-Jul-16 20:45:16

Have you tried Clinique City Block?

suchafuss Mon 04-Jul-16 21:45:36

Biore from me too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now