Cuticle remover??

(7 Posts)
Polkadot1974 Sun 03-Jul-16 21:00:38

I had Shellac which I just reluctantly took off, as growing out and now have Jamberry wraps on but my cuticles which were beautiful when the Center Parcs lady did the Shellac, are awful again. Any tips for a solution/oil/ remover and tools? Thanking you

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 03-Jul-16 22:08:44

Are you using the solar oil?.

Nettletheelf Sun 03-Jul-16 22:09:46

Why do cuticles have to be removed? I am genuinely curious. Aren't they there for a reason, like protecting the nail bed, or something?

Cuticle removal is part of the mystery of old style 'manicure kits' from the 1970s and 1980s. Full of things like 'orange sticks' (what were they?) and cuticle removers (ditto).

Oldraver Sun 03-Jul-16 23:27:57

Isnt it less cuticle removing and more cuticle conditioning ? When they go hard they can break and split as the nail grows and they can be sore.

I do sometimes clip bits off if they go hard

TellMeDani Mon 04-Jul-16 11:34:06

I'm a 70's/80's child and still use an orange stick, I found this cuticle remover to be really good, it just gets rid of the dry and dead skin and leaves your cuticle soft.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 04-Jul-16 14:54:58

Don't use a cuticle remover.

Just use a cuticle oil every day (as often as you like) and gently push them back every so often. They'll stop looking gross if you do this regularly.

I used to trim mine and then used cuticle remover because they are horrible. Grow really quickly and raggedy and quite far down my nails. Using the above mentioned kept them nice for a few days but not long term. If I do the daily oiling they are lovely. I use a Burt's Bees one which is in a little tin, it's solid so better for work. Also nice used as a lipbalm!

BennyTheBall Mon 04-Jul-16 20:39:44

I use a cuticle cream and push them back. I also push them back when I am in the bath.

I think cuticle removers are no longer a thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now