Underskirt/ slip with this Zara skirt?! Surely not!

(7 Posts)
Stanley38 Sun 03-Jul-16 19:11:40

I've bought this skirt from Zara which is gorgeous! BUT it is quite see through. Even a white/ nude thong kind of shows through. What can I do???? I have never owned an underskirt/ slip/ whatever you call it on my life - is this the solution (and if so where the heck do you buy them?!) I was thinking maybe nude Spanx but I'd like to wear it on holiday and don't want to be too hot. Any ideas?

VanessaBet Sun 03-Jul-16 19:15:33

I got a slip in John Lewis in the lingerie section when I had a similar skirt problem. Annoying to have to do (I find a lot of Zara clothes completely impractical/see-through) but better than the tacky look of showing knickers! You'd boil in Spanx and they're so uncomfortable!

LIZS Sun 03-Jul-16 19:18:59

Can you stitch on a lining?

Stanley38 Sun 03-Jul-16 19:19:39

Yeah and I still think my Spanx might kind of show e.g. The seams/ lines. I love Zara for things like basic blazers and their straight cut ankle grazer type trousers always fit me really well. This is the first time I've bought anything other than that and I do love the style, but agree practicality is lacking!

Thanks for the JL tip- will pop in there this week.

Stanley38 Sun 03-Jul-16 19:22:35

Can I stitch on a lining? ... No. grin I'm sure someone could though! That is exactly what it needs and I wonder why it doesn't have it. It wasn't that cheap, as far as Zara goes. Maybe something to do with the pleats.

ABCAlwaysBeCunting Sun 03-Jul-16 19:34:58

You can get waist slips from M&S for a few quid.

Stanley38 Sun 03-Jul-16 19:41:24

Thanks ABC!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now