Best places on the high street for small back 'large' cup sizes - 30DD

(14 Posts)
Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sun 03-Jul-16 09:56:44

After some bra interventionist advice I am a 30DD. Most places seem to start at a 32 back and if they have a 30 then the cup sizes stop at B/C for that back size. 🙄

So, other than debenhams where else can I look on the high street and preferably not spend £££?

HeyMacWey Sun 03-Jul-16 09:59:42

Have a look at brands such as fantasie or freya. They do sell these in Debenhams but also John Lewis.

Bravissimo and figleaves online.

imjessie Sun 03-Jul-16 10:01:34

Primark have started to get some smaller back sizes in I've noticed . I did email them a while back and tell them that people with big boobs don't necessarily have big backs . Maybe they listened !

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sun 03-Jul-16 10:12:11

hey - sorry should have said that I have tried a lot of Freya and fantasie bras I the last and they just didn't fit - I'm obviously not the same shape as their mannequins! 😳

Our primark didn't have any small backs last time I was in but will check again.

AndNowItsSeven Sun 03-Jul-16 10:14:06

It's a nightmare dd is 11 and a 26D almost impossible to find her a proper fitting bra. In the end I found some out of stock m and s sports bras online.

LegoCaltrops Sun 03-Jul-16 10:15:24

I'm a 28E, I go to Bravissimo these days.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sun 03-Jul-16 10:32:45

Bravissimo is a massive trek away and I really only try them if I'm desperate as they're not cheap and like Freya and Fantasie I've not had much success with the fit/ shape.

It's really hard finding a bra that fits!

lozabella Sun 03-Jul-16 10:35:33

Watching with interest. I went bra shopping yesterday, after reading the intervention thread. Went from my old (m&s measured) 32B to a 30DD same as OP. Managed to get two, two packs of tshirt bras from Debenhams for £36 which wasn't bad (blue cross sales on) but like the OP wanted a bit more choice. I can't believe the difference. I love my new bras!!

lozabella Sun 03-Jul-16 10:35:58

OP if I find any I will let you know!

If Fantasie and Freya are a fail then you may be better with Cleo and some Panache - it has much narrower cups as a rule.

Generally House of Fraser and John Lewis stock those sizes

Jmangel Sun 03-Jul-16 11:55:19

I love Boux Avenue. 32D here and they have very flattering bras.

Afreshstartplease Sun 03-Jul-16 12:03:49

Next!

I am 30dd when not pregnant and I get alot from next,

Liiinoo Sun 03-Jul-16 14:15:55

32H ish. Bravissimo or House of Fraser.

MangoIsTheNewApple Sun 03-Jul-16 18:19:19

I would do the trek to Bravissimo and buy one bra. Then google it and find the same one much cheaper in different colours on brastop, Amazon etc. You could even not buy the Bravissimo one and just get whatever they recommend cheaply online once they've fitted you (I don't, as I'd feel a bit cheeky, but you certainly could).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now