Alternative to Saltwater sandals? Frumpy?

(26 Posts)
teawamutu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:07:50

I love the saltwater sandals but hate soles with no cushioning. I tried www.clarks.co.uk/p/26115648 on and they're so comfortable, but not convinced about the sole. Are they frumpy?

BankWadger Fri 01-Jul-16 21:11:27

No idea about the sandals, but being from the Waikato, I love your name OP.

teawamutu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:13:26

Thank you. Although must confess it's in homage to the place where my best beloved music comes from, rather than where I'm from blush

Fuzzypeggy Fri 01-Jul-16 21:16:10

Your link isn't working for me, can you try again?

LucyFotheringay Fri 01-Jul-16 21:17:47

Mm yes a bit frumpy, but I think saltwaters are really ugly too. I feel your pain though, currently looking for the perfect flat but bouncy tan leather sandals and struggling!

teawamutu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:18:45

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26115648

Any better? On phone, struggling with links.

teawamutu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:20:32

I quite like the geeky ugly look, but not the 'ugly because you've just chosen fugly shoes because you've given up look'.

Slightly concerned that I can't tell difference due to desire for comfy footwear. It's starting... grin

LucyFotheringay Fri 01-Jul-16 21:21:27

How about these?

tootiredforthissh1t Fri 01-Jul-16 21:23:14

I prefer them to saltwater. Less frumpy IMO

Fuzzypeggy Fri 01-Jul-16 21:23:19

Yes, thanks. I feel your pain as I really want saltwaters but the lack of cushioning puts me off. I don't think these are as nice, bit ugly maybe but could be pulled off if you are young and cool. Otherwise they might be a bit "aimed at the very much older market"

Costacoffeeplease Fri 01-Jul-16 21:24:56

Ouch, they're really fugly

LucyFotheringay Fri 01-Jul-16 21:31:23

these look very comfortable?

Cakescakescakes Fri 01-Jul-16 21:31:27

Google Blowfish 'Granola' sandals. Sorry I can't do links.... Could somebody else do a link?

They are super comfy, loads of colours (I have tan) and look smart or casual depending on what you wear them with.

LucyFotheringay Fri 01-Jul-16 21:36:24

simple is best

teawamutu Fri 01-Jul-16 21:42:58

I like the Timberland ones. Off to Google granola!

Waterlemon Fri 01-Jul-16 21:44:16

I actually own both those clarks ones and saltwaters. blush I love shoes -especially ugly ones!

I love my saltwaters, but I have very flat feet and prone to planter facsilitus
So I cant wear them for more than one day in a row. For very flat shoes, they are extremely comfortable all day but on the 2nd day my feet will really hurt.

The clarks ones should be more comfortable but they are slightly too deep for my flat feet, so they rub in quite a few places and the inner soles are a very "sticky" plastic so give me sore soles.

I keep going back to my birkies but I'm not allowed to wear them to work.

dudsville Fri 01-Jul-16 21:53:23

Lucy I love your way two shoe choices, please help me next time i need new shoes!
(God I really do not like saltwater sandals. They are everywhere at work.)

georgetteheyersbonnet Fri 01-Jul-16 21:59:40

What about Toms Zoe sandals? Look very similar to saltwater but I think the soles are cushioned.

teawamutu Fri 01-Jul-16 22:38:13

I wondered about the zoes, just couldn't tell if they were cushioned. More research needed.

LucyFotheringay Fri 01-Jul-16 22:40:58

Thanks duds I'm still looking though sad

nickdrakeslovechild Sat 02-Jul-16 09:12:16

You will want Toms Zoe sandals they look the same as the salt water ones but a little bit softer and a padded sole (even if it does not look it) got 2 pairs and eyeing up my third.

riskyinred Sat 02-Jul-16 17:48:46

What are those Toms Zoe ones like in terms of width?

nickdrakeslovechild Sat 02-Jul-16 18:41:18

I think they are slightly wider than the salt water. I tried the saltwater and the toms in the shop and the toms won hands down.

The saltwater were a bit harder with a really thin sole. The zoe are super soft and a padded sole. I just wish I had them for a city break a while ago.

riskyinred Sun 03-Jul-16 12:20:50

I bought some off the back of this and they've just been delivered. They fit even my slab feet and are far more comfortable than the salt water ones I tried on. Thanks for the recommendation!

KoalaDownUnder Sun 03-Jul-16 12:34:30

I love those Toms 'Zoes'!!

Will they be any good for v narrow feet, though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now